Chapter 22: Final Count

Welcome to another chapter!

Start of recap...

Back to Osgiliath...

Frodo walks out into the open

Sam: What are you doing? Where are you going?

The Ringwraith riding the Fell Rider approaches. Frodo is about to put on the Ring when Sam runs up and tackles him.

Faramir shoots the Ringwraith's steed with his bow. The hobbits roll down the stairs, Sam landing on Frodo who rolls over and draws his sword preparing to kill Sam.

Sam: It’s me. It’s your Sam. Don’t you know your Sam?

Frodo comes to his senses.

End if recap...

Third person pov...

With gradual realisation Frodo sits back dropping Sting on the floor.  He slumps back against a wall as Sam sits up

FRODO:I can't do this, Sam.

Sam gets to his feet. "I know. It's all wrong." he leans against a wall looking out at Osgiliath. "By rights, we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered."

He watches a Nazgul fly away, sighing with relief he looks a Frodo. "Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end.....because how could the end be happy?  How could the world go back
to the way it was...... when so much bad had happened?"

Frodo sits panting, tears in his eyes. 

In Helms Deep the Uurk-hai are running away from Helms deep,  Theoden raises his sword in joy. 

THEODEN:Victory! We have victory!

Calen along with the other men and elfs who fought raised their swords along with the king. Calen wipes away the blood spatter on her face.

"It's finally over" she whispers, feeling safe again, she looked over at her brother, Legolas and Gimli happy they all survived and are with her.

Sam continues talking. "But in the end, it's only a passing thing...... this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer"

"Those were the stories
that stayed with you......that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now." His voice becomes quiet as Gandalf kills another Uruk-hai and smiles. 

Aragorn pauses and smiles,he looks around and sees Calen hanging of Legolas a smile on her young face.

The flood water continues to flow into the Isengard dungeons and Merry and Pippin look relieved. Saruman backs back into his tower

SAM: Folk in those stories......had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going......because they were holding on to something.

FRODO:What are we holding on to, Sam?

Sam turns to look at Frodo. Gollum looks on sadly. Sam lifts Frodo to his feet.

I'm An Elfling! (Lord Of The Rings fanfiction) (Book V)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें