Chapter 11: BrokenHeart

Start of recap...

"A letter addressed to Calen arrived in Rivendell a couple months prior from Emily's mother. Elrond never gave it to his daughter knowing how much pain it would cause her" said the Wizard making everyone eyes look at him.

"What" Exclaimed Aragorn keeping his eyes on the Wizard. Gandalf ducked his head. "It is not I to blame young Ranger, it was not my doing but Calens fathers'" spoke Gandalf as always in riddles.

"You of all people should know how dangerous a broken heart is to zn Elf" said the Wizard making Aragorn and Legolas' eyes widen yes they did know.

As the men wait for Calen and Eowyn to come back they continue their conversation from before the young Elf walked in.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

Later, inside the Golden Hall, the two children are eating at a table, and Eowyn is with them.

"They had no warning. They were unarmed. Now the wildmen are moving through the Westfold, burning as they go. Rick, cot and tree." She said as she fed the children food.

"Wheres mama?" Asks the little girl called Freda. Eowyn strokes her head "Shh..." she said making the girl quiet.

Gandalf turned to Theoden, "This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for he is driven now by fear of Sauron. Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children." He Leans forward and puts a hand on Theodens chair.

Theoden looks at his hand warily. Gandalf pushes "You must fight." Said the old wizard. Aragorn stands infront of the King. "You have two thousand good men riding north as we speak. Eomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their king." Said the Ranger.

Theoden stands from his chair and walks to the center of the hall.

Theoden holds his ground against aragorn "They will be three hundred leagues from here by now. Eomer cannot help us." Gandalf moves to speak but Theoden stops the Wizard.

"I know what it is that you want of me. But I will not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war." He said not looking away from Aragorn.

Gimli takes a bite of his bread as he watches the exchange between Aragorn and Theoden.

Aragorn removes the pipe from his mouth and leans forward to speak. "Open war is upon you. Whether you would risk it or not."

Theoden glared at Aragorn "last I looked, Theoden, not Aragorn, was king of Rohan." Said the King, Gimli takes a drink and burps.

Gandalf speaks up. "Then what is the kings decision?" He asks.

Hama and everyone stand outside the hall as Hama calls out to the people of Edoras "By order of the king, the city must empty. We make for the refuge of Helms Deep. Do not burden yourselves with treasures. Take only what provisions you need." He yells.

People are moving about, gathering their belongings and preparing to move. Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli walk towards the stables. "Helms Deep! They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight. Who will defend them if not their king." Yells Gimli not happy about leaving.

"Hes only doing what he thinks is best for his people. Helms Deep has saved them in the past" Says Aragorn as he spots Calen slashing a training dummy up with her Dagger. She was angry and the Ranger could tell. They enter the stables.

Calen Pov...

"I can't believe it" I whisper to myself as I sit on Eowyns bed alone in her room. She had gone back out to the others, I feel anger as I grab my daggers and slip out a window.

I then quickly and stealthily walk down to training grounds as I know where they are and begin training. I slay the dummy angerly with my dagger that Thorin gave me when I was still an Elfling.

I began to think about the last time I saw Emily.

Flashback...

Two girls an Elf and a Human girl run around Edoras together, they weren't that old well the elf was just 69 and the Human girl was 17. They ran around playing a simple game of tag.

When the Elf caught up with her friend she jumped onto her back and the two went tumbling down the grassy hill laughing all the way as the rolled down.

Soon the rolling stopped and the two were at the bottom. The elf laying ontop of the girl. "T-that was fun haha" she laughed as the girl caught her breath back znd rolled the Elf under her.

Calens eyes widen but she smiles and wraps her arms around her beautiful girlfriend. This was her last day in Edoras her Father Lord Elrond had called her back home it was urgent so the two where making the most of it.

The girl smiled and leant down and kissed the elf below her making her kiss back. When they pulled apart the girl had tears in her eyes so she hid them in the elfs tunic.

The Elf felt her shoulders shaking and hugged the girl back tightly. "I'm sorry I have to leave you to soon Nin mel (my love) Emily smiled knowing enough Elvish to understand what she called her.

She sniffled and smiled tightly. "I know it still hurts that I won't be able to see you again" she said before Elrohir and Elladan could be heard yelling for Calen from the top of the hill.

The two gril stood up and walked back up to the village holding hands. Before she left Calen gave Emily a bracelet "this is my promise to you, I will come back I promise (Nin mel)" she said before jumping onto her horse and riding behind her brothers.

Emily sniffled and held the bracelet tightly in her hands.

End of flashback...

Calen pov...

I fle try throat close up and a strangled sob came out my the strength in my legs gave out and I let myself fall to the ground as I held my heart. It hurt so bad. So much pain. So much sadness.

The world around soon turned black and I felt myself fall forwards. So this is what a broken heart feels like.

To be continued...

Hope yoy liked this chapter, its more of a sad one sorry about that haha. Also so sorry for not updating for ages I haven't had dmuch motivation so her is the next chapter up.

The end!

Word count: 1107