Chapter 17 - Stop, Drop, And Roll.

Katsuki looked skeptical at first as he stepped back from the fridge, turning his attention to Izuku.

" Oh, are you now? " He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

" Yeah, I cook every day, " Izuku responded, knowing damn well the last time he cooked was two years ago in his dad's house. Spoiler alert, his dad banned him from ever cooking anything in his house again.

" Go for it then, " Katsuki muttered before sitting down on one of the stools that was on the island.

" You like pancakes? "

" Yeah, "

" Good, "

Izuku took out his phone and pulled up a recipe, reading the first step over.

" I'm starting to doubt you if you need to use your phone to make pancakes, " Katsuki said, leaning forward onto the island.

" Shut up, it's just... shut up, " Izuku responded, glancing up. He took a bowl out and added flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder to it.

" Make a well? The fuck? " Izuku muttered to himself before moving the ingredients out of the center to make what he thought a ' well ' would be. After pouring milk and an egg into said well, he paused.

" It says add oil. What oil? " He asked, looking over his shoulder at Katsuki who pinched the bridge of his nose, annoyed.

" Vegetable oil, if you're a ' good cook ', you should fucking know this, " Izuku scoffed in response before putting vegetable oil in the bowl.

After around ten minutes, Izuku had the pan full of pancakes over the stove. The instructions said to put it on 'medium heat', but Izuku didn't know what that meant, so he just guessed. He was not about to ask Katsuki for more help. He cranked the heat up to five hundred degrees Fahrenheit and turned away, walking over to the island. He propped his elbow up on the island and put his chin in his palm, staring at Katsuki.

" See, It's going great, " Izuku said, grinning as he paid no attention to the stove behind him.

" Izuku, what temperature did you set the stove to? "

" Medium heat? "

"What do you think 'medium heat' is? "

" Like... Five hundred? " An expression of confusion crossed over Izuku's face as Katsuki turned his head away in annoyance and shock.

" Izuku, baby , medium heat is three hundred to four hundred. You're going to burn the pancakes," Katsuki explained, facing Izuku once more. Izuku just shrugged before looking over his shoulder at the stove.

" They'll be fine, " He responded,

turning his attention to Katsuki.
" Izuku, the pancakes are fucking smoking. "

Izuku spun around to look at the stove, and to his surprise, the pancakes were in fact smoking.

" What the fuck! " Izuku yelled as he stared at the pancakes. " Oh shit! It's on fire! " He goes and grabs a cup of water and goes to throw the water on fire before Katsuki smacks the cup out of his hand. " Don't put water on it, the fire will fucking swell! "

" Then you do something! " Katsuki then reached over and turned the stove off, putting a pot lid over the pan, capturing the fire inside for the time being.

" Do you have a fire extinguisher?" Katsuki asked, glancing at Izuku.

" Y-yeah, uhm, in the top cabinet, " Izuku responded, stepping out of the way. Katsuki opened the cabinet and took the fire extinguisher out, removing the pin at the top of it before taking the lid off of the pan and aiming the fire extinguisher at the flames, squeezing the handles together.

The fire was out within three minutes, the pancakes burnt pure black.

" You think they're still edible? " Izuku asked, looking down at them as he took the pan off the stove and placed it on the counter.

" Are you joking? " Katsuki responded, placing the fire extinguisher on the ground.

" I mean... " Izuku started, grabbing a pancake from the pan, and staring at it. " It could taste good, you never know. "

" It's not going to fucking ' taste good ', Izuku, " Katsuki replied, yanking the pancake out of Izuku's hand.

" Whatever, what time is it? " Izuku asked, throwing the remaining pancake in the trash.

" Five forty five , " Katsuki started before turning his attention to the fridge. " I'll make breakfast since you obviously can't. "

" Wow, okay, " Izuku muttered, rolling his eyes as he leaned against the island, watching as Katsuki opened the fridge.

" I can make eggs, toast, and bacon? "

" Yeah, that'll be fine, " Izuku responded, still annoyed with the outcome of his pancakes.

Katsuki finished making the food at six fifteen, they sat side by side at the island as they ate.

" My food would've been better, " Izuku muttered, glancing sideways at Katsuki.

" Keep telling yourself that, " Katsuki grinned as he continued eating, amused by Izuku's comment.

After they finished eating, it was six forty, ten minutes later than Katsuki originally wanted to leave.

" You took so fucking long, " Katsuki grumbled as he walked out the door, heading to the car. Izuku followed behind him, putting his head up and his hands in his pockets.

As they reached the car, Izuku noticed that it wasn't the usual black SUV, there was a white BMW 840i Gran Coupe.

"Woah, this is a much better car. Where'd the other one go though?" Izuku asked as he stepped into the car, looking around the interior. The seats were black leather.

" My SUV is getting fixed. Also, don't insult my cars, " Katsuki responded, starting the car.

" I'll do as I please, " Izuku muttered, slouching down as he looked out the window.

" No, you won't, you'll do what I say, " Katsuki stated as he pulled out of the parking lot.