Chapter 9 - What An Odd Substitute

Izuku woke up to his phone ringing, he groaned and yanked it off the nightstand, looking at the time and pressing it to his ear.

" What do you want ? It's five in the fucking morning you fucking bitch..." Izuku hadn't checked who had called him, he was too annoyed to even think about that. The person on the other line didn't reply at first, so Izuku sat up more in his bed.

" Well ? If you're not going to say anything I'm fucking hanging up. " Izuku waited for a response, and just as he was going to hang up, the other person spoke.

" Repeat that for me. " Izuku paused and quickly looked at the caller ID, his stomach dropping once he saw who it was.

" Katsuki, I- I didn't know who I was talking to! " Izuku stumbled over his words, trying to get an explanation out.

" First of all, you shouldn't be picking the phone up like that, regardless of who it is. Second of all, if you don't arrive at your first and second class, we're going to have some problems. " Izuku sighed, leaning his head back against the backboard of his bed.

" Yeah, whatever. " Izuku muttered, getting up out of the bed.

" Tone." Izuku groaned as a response. " Can I hang up now? " Izuku asked, placing the phone down on his bathroom counter, turning the speakerphone on.

" Go ahead, I'll see you later anyway. " With that, Katsuki hung up the phone himself. Izuku paused, but didn't think much of it.

After Izuku had showered and changed, he drove over to the school. He sat in the parking lot for a bit before walking to class.

His first class was boring, and as he stepped inside his English class, he didn't see his teacher but instead saw another man. Izuku paused in the doorway, it caught him off guard as to why the teacher would be absent on the day of the essay. Suddenly, the substitute turned and grinned at Izuku. That's when Izuku realized that it was Katsuki.

" What the fuck? " Izuku said on impulse, the other people in class turning to look at him. " Have a seat, we'll be starting soon. " Katsuki replied, a smirk on his face. The teacher's pet, Camie Utsushimi, shot her hand up in the air.

" Yes, blonde girl. " Katsuki turned his attention to the girl as Izuku

slumped down in his seat.

"That's Izuku. The teacher's usually ignore him because he doesn't participate. There's no use in trying to get him to listen to you." Izuku rolled his eyes, her obnoxious voice annoyed him more than anything. Katsuki just smiled.

"Oh, he's gonna participate." Izuku scoffed in response.

" Like hell I will. " Katsuki looked at Izuku, straightening up.

" Repeat that. "

" Like. hell. I. will."

" Again, "

"Like... like hell I will. "

" And again, " Izuku hesitated, what was Katsuki playing at? Izuku knew that he couldn't disrespect him, but he also wasn't going to let his pride get ruined.

" I'm not fucking participating, and you can't make me. " Izuku snapped, leaning back in his chair. Katsuki crossed his arms over his chest.

" Sit up straight. " Izuku rolled his eyes.

" No " Suddenly Camie raised her hand once more.

"Excuse me, teacher? It's no use talking to him. He won't listen. " Katsuki sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

" Fucking hell... " He muttered, before turning to face the board. Izuku grinned, Katsuki had finally given up.

Katsuki starting writing something on the board, it was the word Conciliate. Katsuki then turned and faced Izuku once more.

" Tell me the definition of the word. If you get it right, I'll let you sit there. If you get it wrong, you'll behave. " Katsuki explained, sitting at the teacher's desk. Izuku read the word over, it was one of the words on the assignment they had done the previous night. Izuku sucked his teeth as he read it over again.

" He's not gonna get it. He probably doesn't even know how to say it! " Camie teased, the class giggling slightly.

" I'm not afraid to hit a girl. " Izuku responded, his tone shifting to a more dark one. Camie went quiet and looked down at her desk after that.

Izuku glanced at Katsuki, who was smiling slightly at the sight of Izuku struggling to recall the definition of the word. He then glanced to Shoto his best friend to see if he knew the answer. Shoto shook his head, he knew the answer but was intimidated by Katsuki and didn't want to get in trouble. Izuku sighed before turning back to Katsuki.

" I don't know. " He muttered, rolling his eyes again. Katsuki nodded before speaking again.

" Well then, looks like you'll be participating. "

" Who said I agreed? "

" I did. "

" Who says I listen to you? " Katsuki didn't respond immediately and instead shuffled over to Izuku's desk, leaning down and whispering in his ear.

" Unless you want a repeat of what happened yesterday, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and do as your told. " Izuku tensed up slightly, nodding. Katsuki smiled before walking back to the front of the class.

" Now then. My name is Mr. Bakugo . As you can tell, your usual teacher isn't here today. Something quite... unfortunate had happened to him and he'll be out of the remainder of the week. " Katsuki explained, grinning slightly.

" You will all be working on your essays during the duration of the week I believe that you're supposed to write it on the biggest challenge you've overcome, do correct me if I'm wrong." Katsuki looked around, looking for hands. He sighed before calling on Camie once more.

" You're correct! Although I doubt that Izuku is going to write it, he's obviously failing this class! I mean, he has so many missing assignments! At this point, it's-" Camie was planning on continuing her rant, but she was cut off by Katsuki.

" And you're not being much better, as you're insulting your classmate. " Izuku glanced at Katsuki before taking out his computer and opening the document on which they were supposed to write their essay on.

" You may now begin. " Katsuki spoke, sitting down at the teachers desk and pulling out a paper to work on himself.