Chapter 10 - A Little Help Here

Izuku tapped his finger on the desk and glanced around, it had been ten minutes and everyone had started working. What was the theme again? Right. Challenges. Overcoming. Whatever. " What challenges have I overcome? " He thought to himself. He looked up and turned his attention towards Katsuki. Katsuki was sitting at the desk doing absolute jack shit. Katsuki then looked up and Izuku snapped his eyes back down to his computer. Katsuki grinned and stood up, walking over to Izuku's desk and leaning down.

" Need some help? " He smirked

looking at Izuku. Izuku shrugged and leaned back in the chair, bringing his hands down to his lap. " Let's see... " Katsuki mumbled, turning Izuku's computer towards himself. Katsuki paused, then sighed.

" You haven't written a single word, Izuku. " When Izuku didn't answer, Katsuki continued speaking.

" Well you start with a thesis, and for that you can basically just restate the question. What has been the biggest challenge you've overcome? " Katsuki asked, moving the computer back to its original position.

" Well... I guess it'd be getting expelled from my previous school. " Izuku muttered in response, looking everywhere but at Katsuki. Katsuki nodded slightly before speaking again.

" Then write that. " Izuku sighed before typing.

The biggest challenge I overcame was getting expelled from my previous school.

" Overcome, " Katsuki corrected, kneeling down next to the desk. Izuku rolled his eyes but fixed the error. Good. In the rubric it states that

" you need to include two ways you overcame it, and explain why it was a challenge for you. " Izuku groaned and put his head back, staring up at the ceiling.

" What's one way you overcame it by doing? " Katsuki tapped on Izuku's shoulder, grabbing his attention. " I... " Izuku paused, thinking. " I put in more effort to be able to be enrolled here? " It wasn't a statement, more like a question. Katsuki nodded.

" Good. Now be more detailed and type it up. " After a good thirty minutes, Izuku had typed up the first paragraph after the thesis, while almost everyone else was completely finished.

The first way I overcame getting expelled from my previous school was putting in more effort, academically, in order to get enrolled in another school so that I could continue my education. This was significant to how I overcame getting expelled because if I didn't put in the effort or I didn't try, my education could've ended right then and there, and I wouldn't have had the chance to be accepted into this school.

" Good job, " Katsuki started, praising Izuku for his work before dropping his voice down to a whisper and speaking again. " I'll come by your house later and work with you on the next part. " Izuku got slightly flustered at the sound of Katsuki's voice, something about it was different. It sounded way more relaxed and soothing, and it turned Izuku on to a different level. Katsuki smirked before walking back to the front of the class. " Class dismissed. "

The rest of the school day was pretty boring, Izuku didn't participate in any of his other classes, as he didn't see any reason to. It was just a bunch of pointless work, and none of the other teachers could make him do anything. Once the final bell rang, instead of going to the parking lot and going home right away, Izuku walked to the English classroom and right up to Katsuki. Katsuki looked up from the desk and grinned.

" Izuku, are you here to bring that grade up? " Katsuki teased, standing up and patting Izuku's shoulder. Izuku rolled his eyes and dropped his bag on the floor, sitting on one of the desks closest to the front.

" You're subbing the whole week, right? "

" Yeah, I said that in class. "

" What happened to Ms. Ishiyama? "

" ...I'm not permitted to share that information with you. "

"Oh, come on! It can't be that important. Just tell me. "

" It is. Now drop it, okay? "

" Fucking make me. " Katsuki didn't respond, he instead took a step towards Izuku. He put both his hands on either side of Izuku, pressing down on the desk and leaning forward.

" Repeat that for me. " Katsuki's tone had changed, he was practically daring Izuku to say that again.

" No. sorry. I didn't mean it. " Izuku mumbled, turning his head away. Katsuki grabbed Izuku by the jaw, firmly but not tightly, and forced Izuku to face him. Katsuki studied Izuku's expression for a second before sighing and letting go of his face and taking a step back.

" Computer out, you're finishing your essay now. " Izuku groaned in response but complied. He jumped up off the desk and yanked his computer from his backpack, placing it on the desk in front of him. He opened the document up then looked at Katsuki.

Katsuki walked Izuku through every bit of the essay, proofreading each paragraph and not letting Izuku move on until the paragraphs were to the best of his ability. It took two hours for Izuku to finish all of it, and by that point Izuku was drained. He basically had to sit through two extra hours of school except he had to actually do said work, and it was with Katsuki.

" Good job, you'll likely receive a good grade, and if you don't get above a B, you tell me. " Izuku just nodded, putting his stuff back into his backpack and swinging it over his shoulder. As he was about to walk out the door, Katsuki spoke again. " I'm driving you to and from school for the rest of the week, be up when you're supposed to and don't leave until I arrive at your house. "
" Okay, "