Chapter 15 - Breaking and Entering

Izuku awoke to the sound of rustling in his living room. He huffed and grabbed his phone off his nightstand, checking the time. It was four in the morning. He groaned before standing up, rolling his shoulders back, and rubbing his eyes. He walked to his bedroom door, his hand hovering over the knob, hesitating to open it. He glanced at the baseball bat next to his closet, the one he used two years ago when he was into sports. He yanked it up off the wall, holding it with his right hand as he opened the door and stepped out, raising the bat, ready to swing at whoever might be in his house.

“ Fuck! ” He yelped, the bat clattering to the floor as he dropped it. Someone had stood up off the couch but it was far too dark to make out who was standing there.

“ A bat? Really? ” The person called out, crossing their arms over their chest. Izuku took a sigh of relief after he recognized the voice. Katsuki's voice.

“ Why the fuck are you in my house?” Izuku asked, kicking the bat lightly as he walked up to Katsuki, stopping in front of him. Katsuki looked down at Izuku before replying.

“ I wanted to make sure you got up on time and that there wasn't a repeat of yesterday. ”

“ So you broke into my house? ”

“ You could put it that way,” Katsuki shrugged, grinning slightly.

“ It's four in the fucking morning! ”

“ Lower your voice, people are sleeping. ”

“ Just like I should be! ”

“ Lower your- ”

“ Make me! ”

Katsuki clasped a hand over Izuku's mouth, spinning him around and slamming him down on the couch. Izuku grunted as his back hit the couch, Katsuki's knee next to his thigh while his other foot was still planted on the ground. Katsuki eased up the pressure slightly but didn't remove his hand just yet.

“ Are you ready to be quiet? ” Katsuki asked in a mocking tone, winking at Izuku. Izuku rolled his eyes but nodded, grabbing the wrist of Katsuki.

“ Hand off, ”  Katsuki muttered, it sounded more like a warning than a request. While Izuku normally wouldn't have complied so easily, he wanted Katsuki to take his dirty ass hand off of his mouth, so he released his grip and let his hand fall back down to his side. Katsuki smirked and removed his hand from Izuku's mouth, sitting next to Izuku after he did so. Izuku clicked his tongue, visibly annoyed.

“ If someone had actually broken into your house you would've died right away,” Katsuki said, breaking the silence with quite a weird remark. Izuku scoffed, turning to look at Katsuki.

“ Yeah? Why's that? ”

“ You screamed and dropped the bat as soon as I stood up, Izuku. ”

“ And? ”

“ And if there was an actual intruder, they would have shot your ass. ”

“ What if they didn't have a gun? ”

“ Stabbed your ass,”

“ What if they didn't have a weapon? ”

“ Beat your ass, ”

“ What if- ”

“ Quiet, ” Katsuki commanded, leaning his head back against the couch and closing his eyes for a moment.

“ What? Are you tired? ” Izuku teased, a grin spreading across his face.

“ I'm resting my eyes. ”

“ God, you're old. My dad says that shit all the time. ”

“ How many times do I have to tell you for it to actually stick? ”

“ You know the answer to that, ”

“ Do I now? ”

“ Yeah,”

“ Okay, then I know that you'll shut the fuck up right now if you want to keep that pretty little mouth of yours attached to your head,” Katsuki said mockingly, keeping his eyes shut while Izuku muttered something. Katsuki didn't bother asking what he had said, all he knew was that Izuku would be quiet for ten minutes at most.

Izuku stood up off the couch, glancing at Katsuki who hadn't opened his eyes for five minutes.
“ He's probably asleep.” Izuku thought to himself, starting to walk to his room. “ Where are you going?” Katsuki asked, speaking in a low tone.

“ To get my phone? ”

“ Mmh. Okay, ” Katsuki mumbled, turning his head to the side as his eyes were still closed. Izuku grabbed his phone before returning to his living room and sitting back down, staring at Katsuki for a moment.
“ He's a pretty sleeper. ” Izuku thought to himself before quickly shaking his head. “ What the fuck? Why would I ever think about something like that? That's so fucking stupid. ” He corrected himself, brushing off the fact that he had just called Katsuki a ‘ pretty sleeper ’.

By now it was Four thirty in the morning, two hours before he would usually wake up. He groaned in annoyance, he would most likely be tired for the rest of the day.

“ Shoto wakes up around this time.” Izuku thought as he opened his messages app, finding Shoto's contact. He paused for a moment before switching tabs and opening his camera app instead. He pointed his phone towards Katsuki and took a picture of him, planning to use it against him in future situations. However, his phone wasn't on silent mode so Katsuki opened his eyes and sat upright, his eyes narrowing.

“ Give me the fucking phone, ” Katsuki demanded, holding his hand out.

“ No, ” Izuku responded cockily. Katsuki then grabbed Izuku by his shoulders and slammed him down against the couch. Izuku was now lying flat on his back whilst Katsuki was pinning him down. Izuku's eyes widened as he grunted, trying to push Katsuki off of him as he tried to keep his phone out of Katsuki's reach. “ Fuck, Izuku! It's not that hard to give me the phone! ” Katsuki said through gritted teeth, tightening his grip around Izuku's arm that was limp by his side. Izuku glanced at Katsuki and for some reason, he got a little flustered. Maybe not a little. Izuku's face flushed as he pressed his phone into Katsuki's chest, sitting up as Katsuki got off of him. At this point, Izuku didn't care that Katsuki had his phone, instead, he was more focused on hoping that Katsuki couldn't hear his heart pounding in his chest.