Zoe and I stood in front of the building at the address that was on the form, our anticipation palpable in the air as we prepared to drop off the application for the baking competition. The building loomed before us, its grand facade hinting at the bustling activity that lay within.

"Are you nervous?" Zoe asked, her voice tinged with excitement as she glanced at me, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"A little," I admitted, my stomach fluttering with a mix of nerves and excitement. "But mostly just excited to see where this leads."

She grinned, her enthusiasm contagious. "Me too," she agreed, her voice filled with determination. "We're going to knock their socks off with our baking skills, Julie."

I chuckled nervously, feeling a surge of gratitude for Zoe's unwavering support. We made our way into the building, our steps echoing in the grand foyer as we approached the reception desk, my heart pounding in anticipation.

"Excuse me," I greeted the receptionist, trying to keep my voice steady despite the nervous flutter in my stomach.

The receptionist looked up from her work, her smile warm and welcoming. "How can I help you?" She inquired, her voice soft and melodic.

"I'm here to drop off a form for a baking competition," I explained, holding out the envelope for her to take.

The receptionist took the envelope with a gracious nod, her eyes flicking over the contents briefly before looking back up at me.

"The competition is next week," she stated as if we were not aware of the competition date.

I nodded.

"Okay, I thought you weren't aware," she let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry about that. I would be right back."

I couldn't help but chuckle softly at the receptionist's assumption, her friendly demeanor putting me at ease despite the brief confusion. "No problem," I replied with a smile, reassured by her warmth.

As the receptionist disappeared into the depths of the building, I turned to Zoe, a sense of excitement bubbling within me. "Crazy!" She exclaimed in a hushed tone, her eyes shining with anticipation.

"I know, right?" I replied, my excitement matching her own.

The receptionist returned, a medium sized envelope in one hand. "Here you go," she said with a smile, handing me a receipt along with the envelope. "Your form has been successfully submitted, and you're all set for the competition next week. And inside the envelope are the rules and regulations, your tags for you and your partners, if you have one, and just come souvenirs."

I accepted the envelope with a grateful nod, a sense of excitement coursing through me as I glanced down at the receipt in my hand. "Thank you so much," I replied, unable to contain my gratitude.

The receptionist waved off my thanks with a gracious smile. "It's my pleasure," she insisted, her warm gaze lingering on us for a moment longer before she turned back to her work.

With the form successfully submitted and the envelope clutched to my chest, Zoe and I exchanged triumphant grins before making our way out of the building.

"Oh, I can't wait to start prepping," Zoe exclaimed. "I already have so many ideas swirling around in my head."

"I know, right?" I replied, a grin spreading across my face. "I can't wait to get started either. But for now, I'm hungry."

A rumble of agreement echoed from Zoe's stomach, eliciting a giggle from both of us. "Looks like we're on the same page," she remarked, her eyes sparkling with amusement.