𝟎𝟕𝟎 | Astoria Greengrass

Start from the beginning

"It is," Astoria agreed. "Though have you seen Prada's summer collection?"

"I need that collection as badly as I need a new set of diamonds!" Ophelia agreed. "I only have six."

"I've just got four diamond sets. Father refused to buy me any more because of my grades," Astoria grumbled. "Apparently, Daph did so much better!"

"I could help you study," Ophelia suggested. "I'm already doing transfiguration NEWT level."

"Oh, is that why I never see you in transfiguration any more?" Astoria inquired. "I was wondering..."

"Yeah, now I take private lessons with Professor McGonagall," Ophelia said proudly. "I've finished one quarter of the sixth year coursework."

"Wow," Astoria whistled softly. "That's really impressive."

Ophelia and Astoria hung around much more often after that, and Ophelia found herself constantly smiling and laughing around the blonde Slytherin, and knew that a girl best friend was far better than a best friend who was a boy. For one, there were so many things Ophelia could tell Astoria that she couldn't tell Colin or Theo.

Yes, Astoria was Ophelia's best friend, despite the few days that had spent together. They were practically inseparable.

Of course she still hung out with Luna, but Luna tended to be rather close with Neville Longbottom and Ginny Weasley, the latter being a huge no from her.

So it became Astoria and Ophelia.

Or Ria and Lia, as they liked to call themselves.

Astoria's birthday was in January, and Ophelia's was in April, making Astoria older than her by a few months.

Astoria had also told Ophelia something she found very, very interesting. She had a crush on Draco! Draco!!!

"Yuck," she had first grimaced at the confession. "Draco? My brother? What the heck do you see in him?"

Astoria shrugged. "I sometimes ask myself the same thing," the Slytherin witch sighed. "I went and adopted a crush for someone who doesn't even know I exist!"

"He knows you exist, he's just been... preoccupied at the moment. Sixth year is hard," Ophelia covered up for Draco's strange behaviors. 

"Could you set me up with him?" Astoria stared at Ophelia pleadingly, which she found difficult to say no.

"On one condition," Ophelia replied. "If you swear to keep my secret, because I'll burst if I don't tell someone."

"Promise," Astoria pulled out her pinky finger. "What secret?"

"I'm dating Theo," the blonde said casually. "But in secret. No one should find out, especially Draco."

"Wait, I thought you guys broke up?" Astoria inquired, sipping her pumpkin juice like it was tea.

"We weren't really dating for real at that time. It was fake. We were just together for mutual benefits," Ophelia explained. "It's complicated as fuck, and it's a long story which I have no time or energy to explain."

"Fair enough."

Another thing Ophelia had in common with Astoria was their shared love for muggle books. The latter preferred romances, and Ophelia had usually read books of all genres rather than sticking to one.