Chapter 17

The following days came smoothly, with no hint of Freen anywhere and no efforts to exile in front of the woman.  Becky goes on with her day, after that whole meeting, she didn't go to her company again.  Instead, she let Richie take over, handle things that includes Freen and just tell her about it when it's all about business. Nothing more.

One scorching afternoon, Becca decided to drive towards Char's law firm. It's been days since the older woman went home due to the cases she is handling. And Fin missed her aunt so much, including Becky.  Pulling up in front of the building, everyone look at her car, eyes gawking at who is inside and when she came out. Everyone's eyes bulge out.

Gorgeous, they say.

"Ms. Armstrong good day!" The clerk exclaimed the moment Becca step in.

" Good day to you too! Im here to pick Austin up, is she still in her office?"

"She is Ma. Armstrong, just go directly to her office." Not wasting any second, Becky went in the lift towards Charlotte's office. Her hand tuck in her pocket as she take strides towards the room.

She hasn't opened the door yet when she heard Charlotte's voice ringing inside the whole expansion.

"Go away Waraha! I don't like you okay? Can you get lost and stop asking me out! You're so annoying!" She yelled, her voice tinged with infuriation.

"Come on Charlotte! It's been months since i'm asking you out and you still hasn't bended once! I'm gonna start thinking you're really straight!" She heard the other woman exclaimed, none of these women notice the door being shut open because they are busy arguing and bickering in the room.

"I'm only gonna be gay for a particular woman and that's not you so shut it Waraha!" Charlotte exclaimed shooting daggers on the other lawyer's direction. " Babe? Why are you here?" Charlotte asked noticing Becky standing near the door looking at them dumbfoundedly. The other lawyer on the other hand look at Becky with great insecurity.

"I-i came here to pick you up. You haven't come home once after a while." She replied. Charlotte who was standing on the other side earlier rushed towards her pulling her into a hug before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry babe, works just too much." Charlotte replied, her face snuggled at Becky's neck, a habit she develop whenever she's tired and exhausted. And that alone is applicable for Becky. 

Stood in front of them is the other lawyer,  her eyes looking everywhere but the ceiling as she watched Becky and Charlotte all lovey dovey with each other.

"H-hi." Becky awkwardly greeted pushing Charlotte slightly away. When she turned her back to the other lawyer, her eyes roll at the back of her head before dragging her best friend to sit.

"Aren't you gonna introduce her to me?" Becca inquired waiting for the other girl to introduce the other lawyer. Much to her dismay, Charlotte rolled her eyes before looking at the other woman.

"Engfa this is Becky, Becky this is Engfa Waraha. She's my partner in the case we're handling babe." Charlotte explained. Becky being Becky, smiled genuinely at the other woman before holding her hand out for a handshake.

"Nice meeting you Engfa." Becky.

"Nice meeting you too Becky." Engfa replied slumping back on her own swivel chair. When engfa is a little far enough, Charlotte pulled Becky's had to sit before turning her body towards the other woman.

"So... What is it that you came here babe? Everything alright? Is my daughter doing good?" Charlotte asked.

"She's fine, she's just not use not having you around. She and Irin keep on complaining about when you were coming home." Becky retorted smiling sheepishly at the older woman. " I also came here to take you out but I think ruined a moment, did I?"