11

Nobody's POV
April 18

"Awww it's so cute." Peyton said as she watched videos of puppies on her father's phone. She wants a puppy so bad because they're so cute. She doesn't know the amount of work that she will have to do if she gets a puppy.

"Daddy, I get one?"

"One of what?"

"This." She spoke as she showed her father the phone. "A puppy Daddy, please! I be good!" She begged and Kenny laughed.

"Auntie tell daddy I get one."

"Pey, they might seem cute but puppies are a lot of work. You will have a lot of stuff to do." Toni spoke.

"I do?"

"Mmhmm, you would have to walk it, feed it, bathe it, and take it to the vet if it gets sick. Do you have money for all of that?"

"I use you and Auntie's money 'cause I a baby. I just a baby." Peyton said causing the couple to laugh.

"You really want a puppy?"

"Yes."

"Mm, maybe we should get you a fish or a coral."

"A coral? Really Kenny?"

"No fish daddy. I can't walk the fish."

"Exactly Kenny and what is a coral going to do?"

"Alright, how about a hamster?"

"A rat?! That's a rat, Kenny." Toni exclaimed and Kenny chuckled.

"That's a rat, Daddy." Peyton mocked Toni with a giggle.

"It's not a rat, it's a hamster."

"It's in the rat family. I think we should get a puppy because I might want one too."

"Two? Two puppies aren't staying here."

"Kenny, you do know that I have a house."

"Toni, you do know that you're always here."

"Oh... well I can start going home."

"No, you stay!" Peyton said and pointed at Toni.

"Okay then. What puppy do you want Peyton?"

"A gold something."

"A golden retriever?"

"No, it's fluffy and it orange and it small."

"Ohhh a mini golden doodle?"

"Yes, Daddy that one."

"And what puppy do you want Toni?"

"A cane corso." 

"Hell no! Hell no!" Toni busted out laughing at Kenny's reaction.

"I'm just kidding Ken, I want a cocker spaniel."

"I guess I'm buying two puppies today."

***

The three of them arrived at the pet store called Littlest Pet Shop. That pet store only sells puppies, fish, hamsters, and other small animals, hence the name. They got out of the car and walked inside.

"Hi, welcome to Littlest Pet Shop, I am the owner and my name is Lisa. Do you guys need any help?"

"No, thank you, ma'am." Peyton said which caused the owner to smile. They walked around and saw the puppy that Peyton wanted.

"I want that one!" She said and pointed to the pen that all ten puppies were in. A worker came by and grabbed the puppy for Peyton.

"No not that one."