5

Nobody's POV
2 weeks later

"I'm not drinking today, I have to drive back home." Toni spoke and Traci looked at her. The five of them are at this new brunch place that opened up a few days ago.

"When has that ever stopped you?" Toni was about to answer but Tamar did it for her.

"She has to pick up Peyton from Kenny's mother's house on her way."

"Thanks a lot."

"Ohh, I didn't know you and Kenny were dating."

"We're not..."

"But you're picking up his kid."

"A nice gesture, and I always pick up Peyton." Toni spoke. She and Kenny are dating but they do not want the whole world to know, especially Toni's sisters.

"You're lying, and I know you told Towanda everything."

"I haven't and I'm not."

"Honestly she didn't tell me anything." Towanda said and Toni nodded.

"Okay, tell me that you're not dating Kenny without smiling." Toni laughed and Trina shook her head.

"You can't even start. I know the answer now." 

"Next topic, what's going on with you Umba?"

"Well you missed the conversation but I told him maybe we should go to therapy. He said that he doesn't need therapy, he just needs his kids. He just had a couple of gut punches talking about if I have full custody how am I going to take care of the kids cause I'm never there." Towanda lives in Atlanta but comes down sometimes to see her siblings.

"He's just in his feelings. It's called divorce, nobody wins." Toni spoke and they nodded in agreement.

"Well I went to counseling and he showed up." Towanda added.

"So what happened?"

"I asked him why does he want full custody and he went tell me about your boyfriend." Their mouths dropped. They had no idea that their sister had been seeing someone.

"Really? What did you say?"

"Well, I picked the hell of a time to stop drinking." Trina said and they laughed.

"I said as a matter of fact I do." Her sisters looked at her with a shocked expression, "It's a vibrator and I gave it a name."

"Girl bye!" Traci said and waved her hand in the air.

"Since we're on the topic of relationships... Toni Braxton and BabyFace baby." Trina spoke and Toni shook her head. She took a sip of her lemonade and shook her head.

"No that's not happening. Never, ever. We think of each other as brother and sister."

"Mmhm. The next time I come and see you, you're gonna tell me that something happened between the two of y'all." Toni looked at Towanda.

"No! Be quiet."

"I was telling the girls about how y'all was in the car that one time..." Tamar trailed off.

"That one time? That sounds already made up." She said with a laugh.

"That one time, Toni, he was getting on the plane. He was like 'I love you' and she was like 'I love you too, mi amore'."

"Tamar is lying, we only think of each other as brother and sister. Where were we?"

"He was at the airport and you were on the speaker phone. I was driving in the car, I was acting like I wasn't listening, but I did listen."

"This already sounds like an alternate—" Toni got cut off by her sisters.

"Alternative facts!" They exclaimed followed by laughter.

"That's an alternative truth. Where your ass was at? In the passenger seat talking to your Babyface."

***

"Auntie I want a pop." Peyton asked as she swung her feet. She was sitting in a shopping cart while her aunt shopped in the supermarket.

"Umm you can get one after and that's now how you ask baby."

"But I want one now." She whined but Toni shook her head.

"No baby, after." She began throwing a tantrum in the store and Toni wasn't having that.

"If you keep it up, I'll call your father and you know he wouldn't like that."

"But I want a pop."

"You can't get one right now, I told you that. Keep on crying and you won't be getting one at all." Toni sternly said and Peyton folded her arms. She shook her head and continued grocery shopping. Once she was done she picked Peyton up from the cart and placed her inside of her car. She buckled her in and Peyton grabbed her finger.

"What's the matter, baby?"

"I sorry I mean and cry." She smiled and kissed her cheek,

"It's okay baby, you're just tired." Peyton nodded and Toni began putting the rest of the groceries away. She then got into her car and drove to her house. She pulled into her driveway and saw a familiar car. Rolling her eyes, she parked her car and got out. Walking to the back seat, she grabbed a sleeping Peyton and heard the car door close.

"Toni."

"Leave me alone please." She softly said as she opened her door. She tried to close the door but he put his feet between it.

"Keri, can you move please?"

"I miss you and I want you back."

"I don't. You hurt me so bad that I can't ever forgive you. Like I said the day I signed the papers, I'm done with you and I don't want to see you again, so it would be best if you would just leave." She softly spoke and then sucked in a breath. Toni is trying not to yell and let her anger get the best of her because she has Peyton in her arms.

"I'm sorry Toni..."

"Right." She watched him get into his car and drive off. Tears trickled down her face as she closed the door. She walked upstairs, into her room, and laid Peyton on her bed. She put the covers over her and then went back outside to get her groceries.

***

"I don't know why he showed up at my house." Toni said over the phone with Janet.

"Maybe he thought that you guys were going to get back together."

"Never in a million years would I go back to him. I told him that I don't want to see him again."

"Good, he put you through so much pain and I don't know why he would show up. Are you going to tell Kenny what happened?"

"Yes, I don't want any secrets between us and you know Keri likes to lie."

***

Damn... ig ToniFace is dead now 😭😭

Excuse any typos ❤️