8

Nobody's POV

It's been about two weeks since Peyton last seen her mother and she misses her a lot. She still doesn't understand why her mother had to leave her and wishes that she would come back for her. For the first two days, Peyton was sad, she wasn't the bright bubbly little girl anymore. She was always crying for no reason, throwing tantrums and just screaming. Being only a toddler, she is fairly smart but still can't sympathize with the fact that her mother abandoned her.

Toni just pulled up at Kenny's house with the intent to spend the weekend. Peyton called her over there wanting to see her and of course, Toni got her things ready and left her house. Peyton has been calling her a lot to come over and it's to fill the void of her estranged mother who she misses. If her mother can't be there for her then Toni can.

Toni got out of her car and checked the mail. Without Toni, Kenny would just let the mailbox fill up to the brim. She pulled out the mail and a yellow envelope with her name on it caught her eye. She looked at the return address and it was from Nicole, all the way in New York. Leaning against her car, Toni opened the yellow envelope.

Dear Toni,

I'm probably the last person you want to hear from after our last conversation but I have some things that I would like to say to you. Thank you for being there for Peyton when I couldn't and I want you to continue being there for her. Be the mother that I can't be, love her unconditionally like I couldn't, and don't abandon her like I did. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want you to be Peyton's mother since I'm gone. I know you're probably wondering if I'm sure about my decision and I am sure. I'm positive. Behind this letter, you will find papers of my parental rights being signed over to you.

Toni didn't even finish reading the rest of the letter. She folded it back up and rushed inside of Kenny's house.

"Baby. Baby!" She shouted as she walked inside. Toni closed the door behind her and placed the remainder of the mail on the kitchen counter. She looked around for Kenny but didn't see him, only Peyton.

"Pey where's your father?"

"Him in his office."

"Okay, I'll be back." She rushed to his office and walked in since the door was open. Seeing his lover walking inside he smiled but the look on her face caused it to drop.

"What's the matter, baby?" She sat down and put the letter on his desk.

"Read it." Toni ordered and he skimmed over the letter. Once getting to the obvious section of the letter, Kenny looked at Toni.

"Exactly baby! I don't know what to say or think." She's still in disbelief at what took place two weeks ago and now this. Kenny looked inside the envelope and saw the papers that Nicole was talking about.

"Well, she wasn't lying about that." He handed the papers to Toni and she looked at them.

"Oh, she sighed her part already."

"Are you going to sign them?" Kenny asked and she shrugged.

"Do you want me to sign them?"

"That's your choice baby, I won't rush you."

"So now you're telling me not to sign them?" Toni said and rose her brow.

"No baby, that's not what I'm saying." He chuckled and ran his hand over his face. "I'll just say this, in my eyes you're already Peyton's mother. Nicole made that decision when she walked out and she just proved it by signing her rights over to you. Blood doesn't make you family and not no damn signature on a piece of paper will either." Kenny spoke causing Toni to smile. She got up and sat on Kenny's lap.