13

- Perfect timing for this chapter

Nobody's POV
May 12

"Grandma, what's tomorrow?" Peyton asked as she colored in her Princess Tiana book. She's over at her grandmother's house because she missed her.

"Thursday."

"No, the name."

"The name? May 13."

"No not that." She whined and Barbara nodded.

"Well, I'm not understanding baby."

"Daddy told me but me forgot. It's for you and mommy." Barbara smiled. She loves how comfortable Peyton is around Toni, so comfortable that she started calling her mommy. Toni called her up the other day and told her the events that happened and Barbara was ecstatic.

"Ohh Mother's Day."

"Yes, that! Mommy's day." She said excitedly. "What I do?"

"You can get her flowers, chocolates, whatever she likes."

"Her like white and pink flowers."

"Do you know the name of the flowers? Is it roses?"

"No, Mommy say that it sometimes yellow."

"Sunflowers?"

"No, the other one."

"Umm, daffodils?" Barbara guessed. Before she had kids she used to work at a flower shop, as a gardener, so she has quite some knowledge of different flowers.

"Yes, I get her that and I make her a card."

"Of course, I think Mommy would love that." Peyton put her coloring book aside and with the help of her grandmother, she made Toni a card.

***

Mother's Day

A knock on the door slightly awoken Toni and she groaned. Toni rolled over onto her stomach and pulled the covers over her head. Soon there was another knock on the door. It opened and Peyton crept into the room. She got in the bed and laid on Toni's back.

"Mommy it's your day." She whispered and kissed Toni's face.

"It's my what?"

"Your day. Happy mommy's day."

"It is my day. It's Mother's Day." Toni said as her eyes fluttered open.

"Yes, and you mommy." Toni smiled widely. She can't believe that today is her first Mother's Day and there will be many more to come. She carefully got up with Peyton on her back but she dramatically fell onto the bed. Toni laughed and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, baby. Where's daddy?"

"Him downstairs." The two of them walked to the bathroom and Peyton watched Toni's every move. She loves watching her mother and thinks that she is very pretty. Once Toni was done with her morning routine, she walked downstairs into the kitchen and was in awe of the decorations. There were flower banners around the cupboards and three bouquets; red roses and two sets of daffodils, one yellow and one pink and white.

For breakfast were two mini charcuterie boards filled with breakfast items. There was also a bucket of ice with wine and champagne along with two glasses of orange juice.

"Oh baby, you did all of this?" Toni asked Peyton and she brightly smiled

"Yes."

"Aww you're so sweet, thank you baby." She spoke before kissing Peyton's cheeks. Kenny obnoxiously cleared his throat and Toni chuckled.

"And daddy did some too." Peyton said.

"You did?"

"Well, I don't mean to brag..." Toni laughed and walked over to him. She pecked his lips a few times as he held her waist.

"Thank you guys so much."

"Let's eat!" Peyton exclaimed and the couple laughed at their daughter. Kenny opened a bottle of champagne and poured it into a glass for Toni.

"Can I get that to daddy?"

"No you can't Pey, it's only for adults."

"Okay, can I get juice please?"

"Of course." Kenny poured Peyton some juice into her sippy cup and she thanked him. As they ate they made small conversation, enjoying their time together. Once they were done eating breakfast, it was time for Peyton to give her gift to her mother. She handed Toni a card that had paper daffodils on it.

"Did you make these baby?"

"Yes, me and grandma. I say the other flowers will die so you can't have them for a long time, but those fake."

"Aww thank you, baby, you're so thoughtful." Toni opened the card and saw that Peyton had written on it.

"What it say, Mommy?" She asked and Toni laughed. That was her way of telling Toni that she wants her to read it aloud.

"It says, 'You are the bestest mommy in the world and I love you the mosted.' I love you too baby." She put the card down and embraced Peyton in a tight hug. As the day went by, Toni was showered in gifts; jewelry, perfume, and a jewelry box. Now it was dinner time and Kenny was taking Toni, Evelyn, and his mother out along with Peyton of course. The restaurant was filled with mothers and children, thank god Kenny made reservations a week before.

***

"I enjoyed today baby," Toni spoke as she rested on Kenny's chest. They were on the couch and Peyton lay across Toni's lap, asleep. Her hands stroked Peyton's face as her chest rose up and down.

"I'm glad you did baby. Peyton came up with all of it by herself."

"She did?"

"Yes, she did. Seeing how you are with her just brightens my day, and it makes me think that everything is right in this world. Peyton loves you so very much and you love her just as much. You are a great mother to Peyton baby."

"Awww baby." Toni spoke and Kenny wiped her tears. She pecked his lips and then chuckled.

"I shouldn't be crying." She said and sniffled.

"It's okay to cry baby, I just wanted to tell you that. I love you, so much."

***

Excuse any typos ❤️