Chapter 7: Fierce Battle

~5 minutes before, when Amy and Kyoge were discovered~

Amy: *She ran and took cover behind a nearby wall* "Discovered? Already?"

Kyoge :"I'll handle the two alone. interfere if you want to, but don't expect me to differentiate between ally and foe so easily." *he faced his opponent, staring him down before widening his eyes* '...so lame.' he thought to himself

Amy: *She looked over at her partner and sighed* "Dude, you're odd." *She looked around the corner at the two in the hallway they just fled from as a flying rock came by and smacked her in the helmet, putting her in a momentary daze* "Who the hell throws a rock at mach speed-"

???: *She pulled back her hand and then stood to the side, observing the two* "I'll go around and flank the girl, don't make a fool of yourself Gale."

Gale: "Yeah Yeah, I wouldn't want to anyways" *He pounded his fist into his palm, sparks of electricity resulting from the impact*

Kyoge *He walked over to a wall, split open with metal bars reinforcing what was left of it. He firmly gripped the rebar, snapping off the thin metal from where it once was, doing the same for another.*

Gale:". . . Dude, you're gonna smack me with some rusty metal? That's kind of offensive." *He sprinted toward Kyoge, grinning as he charged up an attack.* "Gotta end this quickly!"

~mere seconds before impact, a flash of light shone brilliantly before them. They all winced at the immense gleam, leading to Gale being forced to finish his strike earlier than he had anticipated. As the light faded away, Kyoge stood in defense, blocking the punch with two daggers.~

Gale: "Grh...what the-?!" *He staggered back and rubbed his eyes. He blinked a few times until he could see Kyoge once more*

Kyoge: "So...make sure you get a good look at my abilities, this isn't even an extent of it."

Gale:"...What are you saying? Don't tell me you're one of those guys stuck in his middle school phase..." *He stared at Kyoge in disappointment*

Amy: *She thought to herself "What is he going on abou-" when suddenly, she was struck with something moving at high speeds* "O- OW?!?"

???: "Hmph, looks like he may be able to handle this alone for once...Doesn't mean I'm just gonna let you just get away scott free!" *A few rocks began floating next to her*

Amy: *She groaned and faced her opponent* "You're starting to piss me off!"

???: "?! You dare challenge the great psychic Willow Mae?!" *electricity crackled around her as she began to levitate*

Amy: "Maybe we could settle this peacefully if you WOULD JUST QUIT THROWING SHIT AT ME!" *She picked up a nearby pole and pointed it at Willow*

Willow: "How disappointing, stooping low enough to use vulgar language!!" *She proceeded to fling the rocks over to Amy, beginning her assault.*

Amy: "Like I said, quit throwing shit at me!!" *She parried and narrowly avoided the rocks, touching one to apply a status to it* "Wobble!" *She shouted, the rock seeming to wobble and collide with a few others, misdirecting them away from Amy. A few were even knocked towards Willow.*

Willow: *With a flick of her hand, the rocks were tossed aside as though they were specks of dust.* "Quite annoying you've proven yourself to be." *She made fireballs and sent them towards Amy at high speeds*

Amy: *She gripped the pole as she braced for impact* "Y- You're kidding-"

~Gale and Kyoge's location...~

~Both fighters continue their intense bout, with Gale going all out to the best of his abilities. He attempts to tire out Kyoge to break through his defenses, but each attempt ends in futility and failure. Gale decides to push himself away from Kyoge to begin using a more ranged approach.~

Gale: "drgh...man he's tough. Never thought I'd have to push myself this hard for a mock battle." *he spread his arms wide to the side, charging a massive bolt* "This'll end it, Take this!!"

~With a shout, he thrusted his arms out toward his opponent, firing the bolt towards Kyoge. Kyoge stood still, looking at the approaching threat. He crouched to the ground, placing his faux daggers on top of one another. With another brilliant flash, the bolt diverged into two. It fades away into the distance.~

Gale: "wh-what?!" *He turned away from the flash before looking back** "T- That isn't fair!" *Electricity was crackling off of his body as he slowly backed away*

Kyoge: "...hmph, my turn then." *He spun a newly formed trident, fused from the two daggers, over his head, assuming a battle stance*

Gale: "Hold on- " *He waved his arms frantically* "Dude, are you okay? I mean this entire time you've been speaking super weird. None of it makes sense. Are you stuck in your middle school phase or something?" *He silently charged more electricity hoping to buy himself some time*

Kyoge: *He straightened his back and looked at Gale* "...middle school–oh fuck you. I just wanna sound cool damn it." *his tone returns to a more casual complexity* "Like, it's not necessarily a persona I want to use since I don't wanna be so disconnected... but at the same time I don't wanna just be me all the time, so I'm just doing some crafting on what works and what won't..." *He sighed, realizing he'd been stalled. "I'm such an idiot..." he thought to himself.* "Anyways..." *He struck Gale on the head, knocking him out of his focus*

Gale: "gh–owww!" *He stumbled forward, shaking his head in hopes to gain his bearings back quickly*

Kyoge:"Good job trying to divert my attention like that, though it's not gonna work like that. Battle's done, give it up." *He twirled the trident once more, striking Gale to knock him out.*

Gale: *He caught the trident by two of the prongs and looked Kyoge in the eye* "You're right, this battle is done. Just to clarify, this is metal...right?"

Kyoge: "Should be, why? Do you have a weakness for it or something?"

Gale:"Nah, I just like working with it!" *Electricity began to crackle between the two.*

~Beams of lightning raced up the hilt, rushing to Kyoge. He didn't let go, or flinch, he just stood there as a bright light flashed, blinding the two. As the light faded into nothing Gale smirked, knowing he had triumphed over his opponent. As the trident fell out of Kyoge's burnt hands, he slumped down onto his knees. Charred and exhausted His breathing hitching as he struggled to even keep himself awake. He tried to stand as Gale turned his back and walked away to help out his partner.~