Chapter 6: We aren't too good at this...

~On the top floor of the building, Kai and Mikate were still waiting. Unaware of the company they had.~

Mikate: "I haven't heard anything over the comms, have you?"

Kai: *He shook his head* "Nothing yet. No movements, no sounds, not even a change in temperature... Hope those two haven't gotten caught in any trouble-"

~The Comms crackled on, however, darkness passed into the room. The Comms fizzed out as two beings emerged out of said shadows~

Zane: "Didn't think we'd meet so soon, Future" *As the darkness subsided, he and his partner stood to their full height* "So glad we can finally have our rematch!"

Kenyan: "Don't forget why we're here. Let's try to end this as quickly as possible." *He brandished his blue and cyan katana. As soon as he did so, the room got colder*

Kai: *He raised his arm, his fingers making a pointing motion and his gloves began assisting the charging of All Star. The aiming mechanism of the new gloves settled into place with a satisfying K-chack.* "I'll take you up on that!"

Mikate: "You take the one on the left, I'll go and-" *he got interrupted by a sudden spread of ice on the ground, freezing his feet in place "...Damn-"

Kenyan: *With the raising of his hand, ice spikes came flying towards both Mikate and Kai* "Stay still"

Kai: *Using All Star, he leapt into the air at insane speeds and drew his arm back to destroy the ice* "It won't be that easy-"

Mikate: "Don't worry, I'll help you out! Anti-gravity lift will bring you to the ceiling and bring your efforts–" *He slammed his hand into the ground, using his Gravity Manipulation. He reduced the gravity in the room from 9.8 to 0.* "To a hallt!"

Kai: *He was thrown off by the sudden change in gravity, causing him to get struck by the ice. He flew across the room and hit the wall, sliding to the ground* "urgh.."

Mikate: *Frozen in place, he watched as his mistake led to his friend getting sent to the other side of the room. Breaking his focus, gravity returned to normal in the room. He didn't have much time to react afterwards though, because in the next moment he was covered in a body of ice*

Kenyan: *He sheathed his katana and walked a little bit across the room, sighing in disappointment* "They weren't much of a fight..." *He pointed to Kai, who had his back facing them. He was curled up in the fetal position from the excess cold* "This guy gave you trouble in the past?"

Zane: "Yeah, he was crazy strong. He would've blown that ice of yours to pieces had he not been thrown off by the Anti-grav guy." *He raised his arms and shivered. His grim reaper styled hero suit wasn't doing him much in this cold* "I'm gonna step outside the room, it's too cold for me here..." *He turned and walked out of the room into the hallway*

Mikate: *Despite being frozen, he was still conscious, still aware. However, the ice was preventing him from even being capable of thinking about using his power. He was cold all over. They had messed up, because they didn't communicate. As he was reflecting, he realized that the comms began to crackle. And a familiar voice came through*

-Kai: -In a hushed tone- "We aren't out of the running just yet, listen to what I have to say very carefully..."

Mikate: *Confused, he whispered back* "You weren't knocked out?"

-Kai: "No, I sent myself flying using All Star since the recoil was too powerful. Wish you didn't startle me though. That's besides the point, Zane left the room right? Where's the ice guy?"

Mikate: "By the room entrance, he hardly moved since I got frozen... Why?"

-Kai: "All right, so I'll free you with a charged kick, so get ready. Then I'll maneuver over you and hit the ice guy with as much compressed air as I can manage. I have a trick from middle school that should help as well."

Mikate: "Sounds like a plan!" *He was just relieved he hadn't been the reason his teammate folded so early in the fight."

Kai: *With a sudden burst of energy, he used All Star to send himself into Mikate's direction, going for a sweep kick to break the ice on them with ease. He then used All Star again to send himself over his partner and aimed his right palm at Kenyan, making an O with his left hand and putting his hand at the center of his right* "Sorry, but I don't plan on going down this easy!" *He released the highly compressed air that wrecked anything in its path*

Kenyan: "Damn!" *He sent more spikes of ice at Kai in a desperate attempt to stop the attack's momentum.*

~A shadow appeared before Kenyan as the compressed blast of air was absorbed and released elsewhere~

Zane: *As the attack faded, he stepped out and stared Kai in the eyes* "It's not over yet...Future."

Kai: *He smiled underneath his mask* "Knew it wouldn't be this easy, not with you around."

~At Amy and Kyoge's location, their fight had its own twists and turns. A charred trident could be found, and an exhausted Amy was found taking cover behind a wall, out of breath. Kyoge was struggling to stand~

Amy: "Wish we had back up" *Her helmet lay in pieces, and she was tired*

Kyoge:"I'll admit... They are tough for A ranks. but it's nothing I can't..win.

???: *The boy with electricity ability rubbed the back of his head, sparks crackling off of his clothes* "Damn, so much talk and yet you still get your asses handed to ya. No wonder you dropped from S-Rank...or were you so confident in beating us?"

???: *The girl stepped up next to him* "Don't get too cocky now, this fight isn't over until they are incapacitated"

???: "Tch, fine by me..." *He rushes Kyoge, going in for a charged strike* "Sorry, this isn't personal!!"