Chapter 1: The Boy With Scarlet Hair

Mission 1: Enter, Three Musketeers!

  ~The teacher typed on the board, it was another history lesson on how "Techniques", or just tech for short, evolved. It wasn't that complicated, just natural selection. At least, that was the theory.~

Huggins: "Alrighty, so can anyone tell me what year the first official technique, or ability, was reported?" *She turned from the holo-board to face the class. After waiting for about a minute, she spoke back up.* "Don't be shy, we're in the fourth week of the school year. We all know each other to some extent. Unless you're telling me nobody can answer this simple question?"

~All except two students raised their hands.~

Huggins:"hmph, alright. Would you care to answer for us, Kenyan Smith?"

~A freshman, who got in under special recommendation, was under the spotlight. He lowered his hand to his side, his expression unchanging. His deep azure eyes unwavering from its focus~

Kenyan: "In 2004, a boy about the age of 12 was reported having abnormal strength. Soon after he was discovered, a girl with the ability to perform complex equations without even needing to learn the process to solve it was reported. After them, it was just one person after another who was reported to have some mutation." *After he finished, he exhaled deeply, looking forth to the board, regaining his attention*

Huggins: *The teacher nodded and gestured toward the holoboard, a new slide popped up* "Now, can anybody tell me what evolution soon followed that furthered the development of said mutations?"

???: *A boy with caramel skin, scarlet hair and matching eyes raised hand* "Wasn't it the Plus-Feature? Whenever the wielder of a tech overcame a limit, their ability would evolve?" *he tilted his head to think, then nodded to himself*

Huggins: "Good Job Kai!" *She looked at the two boys with an impressed expression, checking off something on her clipboard before turning back to the presentation. She had left a check by the name "Kai Future."*

-Starview High School, located in a city called Starview, is known for producing almost 23% of New America's more renowned heroes. Super, Infinite, Million, King Dynamite, and so many more. Gaining the chance to attend can only mean success. So to all you younglings out there, "Go Forth and Become!"-

~lunch time~

Kai: *He looked around the mall sized cafeteria, it seemed that finding a place to sit was harder than he had anticipated. The harder challenge was getting food; however, the lines seemed to stretch on for decades. He gripped his backpack's straps on his shoulders and stepped into line.*

~A minute passed.

Another went by.

Two turned to five

Then five made ten.

Twenty....it went on and on, barely moving in the line. ~

Kai: "At this rate it's going to be the end of lunch before I get there-" *he jumped slightly as someone tapped him on the shoulder*

~A boy, no taller than him, wearing a loosely hanging uniform walked behind him. His face hidden behind shadows, only revealing two pearl-white streaks and pupils. A mysterious air surrounded him...what could he want from him?~

???:"Hey...you know there's a line over there, right?"*he pointed over to the open walkway.*

Kai: *he looked over, blinking* "R-Right.... Thanks!" *He turned and started towards the other line*

~The door shut, that section had run out of food to serve~

???:"dang, unlucky day huh?"

Kai: *he practically slumpt. He sacrificed his place in line and now he'd have to head towards the back of the line.* "It really is..."

???:"eh, don't be too down. Here, I'm not gonna eat this anyhow so you can take it." *They handed him a small plastic container. It was still warm*

Kai: *he looked at the container, a wide grin appearing on his face* "W- wow. You're so kind!" *his scarlet eyes shifted from the container, back to the person* "Oh, I'm Kai, Kai Future. And you are...?"

Kyoge: "Kyoge Zamura. You can follow me if you need a table. Just only one other person...or more. It can get a little crowded at times...don't know why." *he scratched at his head.*

Kai: *He nodded* "Y- yea! I'll join you!" *he took a bite out of the food from the container* "Hey, what is this stuff anyways? It's great!"

Kyoge: "Just some stuff from culinary. I usually don't eat the stuff so I just hand it off to other people. Apparently a lot of people say I'm good at cooking but I don't really care about it. Just another class I need for my schedule." *He was clearly boasting, but trying to sound as humble as possible.*

Kai: *he took another bite, as he chewed and swallowed, a smile sat on his face.* "So wait, what course are you in then? I don't know any courses that offer culinary as an elective..."

Kyoge: "Just transferred courses actually, so I'd expect my electives to be changed a little."

Kai: "Oh..." *he tilted his head before looking around* "So, where are these friends of yours?"

Kyoge: "Over there on that table, the really crowded one."

Kai: *he glanced over, flinching at the large amount of people*"W- Wow, that's a lot of people...." *It seemed people from all class rankings were around that one single table*

Kyoge:"Yeah, apparently due to my lineage, I'm pretty popular. Everyone thinks I'm a sucker for that kind of attention...I'm not though." *Again with the boasting...*

Kai: *he blinked* "Lineage?"

-the bell suddenly rang, signaling the end of lunch-

Kai: "B-Bwuh!?!" *startled, he almost dropped the container, catching it at the last second, he then turned to face Kyoge, waving* "Well, I'll have to get going, See you sometime?"

Kyoge: "huh? Oh- sure. We usually sit at the same place so it'll be an easy meetup.. "

Kai: "Yea!" *he began to go down to the A-Class wing*