Chapter 0: Number One

~He's a hero... no... more than that... He's a legend. A walking, flying, breathing, legend...~

April 10, 2841... 9:23 AM

~People were walking in the crowded streets below. Traffic had been redirected as there was currently a market being hosted on one of the smaller streets. Vendors of all kinds with various wonders to sell. Children begging their parents to buy them anything that looks colorful. Friends out shopping and having a good time. On a perfect saturday no less... at least until...~

~Small particles of sand began to cover the street. Nobody noticed at first, until it began to increase by the second. Within a minute or so, before anybody could react, a surge of sand overtook the entire market. People began to flee, shouting and screaming as they were confused... and afraid. Unfortunately, not everyone could escape the sand. Most getting buried...~

~A cape... a red cape... it whizzed by one of the faces of a nearby bystander. He only caught a glimpse because he was looking in that direction. He was shocked. Just as soon as it was there, it was gone. And in the next moment, everyone who was buried was coughing, sand covering them.~

???: "Is everyone alright and accounted for?" *Said a mighty strong voice. After being met with awe and silence he just took the initiative and turned towards the sand mess. He waved his hand gently and a gust of wind removed the sand from the environment.* "I should have just started with that... huh?" *He said, turning back to the crowd.*

~A shout followed by people pointing past him. The hero turned back towards the market, and in the midst stood a cloaked figure.~

???: "I believe this mess of sand is yours?"

???: "Damn it all... of all the heroes I got... I had to get him..." *She muttered.*

???: "What was that tiny person? I didn't quite catch that." *He said sarcastically.*

???: "STATE YOUR BUSINESS NUMBER ONE HERO!!!" *She shouted, bearing a knife in his direction.*

???: *He sighed.* "Actually, I planned on doing a bit of shopping here... unfortunately you ruined this fine market." *He said with a shake of his head.*

???: "Ridiculous. Why would Super go shopping while on duty?!"

Super: *He shrugged.* "I'm human too... just Super." *He said, clearly a pun.*

???: "Don't mock me!" *She rushed the hero, propelling herself forward with a burst of sand while bearing the knife. It glowed red as she attempted to plunge it into the abdomen of the hero.*

~The blade shattered and fell to the ground in pieces. Super stood there with his arms crossed as he looked down. With a cocky expression.~

~A little bit later into the day, after turning in the Sand manipulator, Super had landed in front of a large house. As he did, the front doors opened, revealing a man with black hair in casual wear.~

Super: "Yo, Infinite. Just got off shift!"

???: "Please don't call me by my hero name while I'm off duty... Adam..." *He crossed his arms over his black shirt, his gray baggy sweatpants hiding his bare feet.* "Just come inside..."

Adam: *He grinned before floating inside.* "Sorry, Sam. Anyways, the market you wanted me to check out got messed up pretty bad."

~The house was luxurious in a modern type of way. Using dark wood and rectangular shapes as a layout. The ceiling was incredibly high, about 20 feet or so. Along with pictures and paintings, shields hung on the wall.~

Sam: "Villain?" *He said, closing the door behind him and locking it.*

Adam: *He nodded.* "Sand user. She had a weird knife... not sure how to explain it."

Sam: "Did it glow?" *He asked as he poured himself a cup of water. Leaning against the island in his kitchen.*

Adam: "Yeah... I have a bad feeling that these weapons could lead to something new..." *He floated towards a stack of newspapers. All about the No. 1 & No. 2 hero. New America's Greatest Dynamic Duo. Super, and Infinite.*

Sam: "Are you sure you want to continue with this? I mean, I get wanting to mentor the next generation of heroes more directly and all but-"

Adam: "I have no intentions of changing paths. Besides, the Heroes and Knights combined with Nex-Corps is enough to find the source of these enhanced weapons..." *He picked up and flipped through a newspaper.*

Sam: "You saying that means they aren't enough to harm you yet...." *He said with a sigh. He set down his cup of water and walked over.* "Look man, if you're gonna teach at Starview, at least teach S-Class..."

Adam: *He simply shook his head, setting down his newspaper.*

Sam: "Why!? You're clearly more suited to the class than me!" *He exclaimed, getting close.*

Adam: *He took off his cape and held it in front of him.* "Just last month, a boy in middle school put his life on the line. Not for glory, not for reward, but to protect his classmates and their dreams. Although he didn't make much sense in his interview, you could tell what he meant."

Sam: "The one with Scarlet hair? What about him?"

Adam: "He's attending Starview, but they put him in A-Class..."

Sam: "So... you're chasing after a kid?" *He said with a raised eyebrow.*

Adam: *He floated past him, sighing.* "Don't put it like that... Sure S-Class is powerful, however they all feel less like heroes and more like privileged elite... A-Class, they all seem like kids who have a desire to become a real Hero. That boy included."

Sam: "I didn't expect you to look at the roster... well by that logic, why not the lower ranking classes?"

Adam: "I want the honor of being able to teach that boy... I have no intention of changing my mind."

Sam: "I see... the public is going to go crazy over this." *He pulled a newspaper from behind one of his shields mounted on the wall. He tossed it over to Adam who caught it.*

Adam: *He looked through it and smiled.* "Kai Future... a lovely name..."