21

Jake

Athena was moving away it wasn't far though just an hour drive outside of Los Angeles, but it makes me wonder what we are going to do without each other.

"Last box." I told her while putting it in the back of the moving truck

She smiled sadly at me "it isn't going to be permanent Jake."

I nodded my while getting in the drivers seat while Athena said goodbye to Johnnie and Tara.

She walked to the car her hand barely gripping the handle "I'll see you guys in exactly one year."

That's too long.

She got into the car before I started to drive off with the moving truck as Johnnie and Tara got smaller and smaller.

This was the end.

°°°

I followed Athena up to her new apartment carrying boxes in my arms while she unlocks the door.

"See Jake it isn't that bad, it's actually really nice."

"I guess it's nice." I mumbled setting the brown boxes on the ground

She started to unpack as I kept bringing boxes up setting them wherever there is room. And after a few hours she was fully unpacked in her new place.

I was staying the night with her just in case something was to happen. But she just thought it was because I didn't want to leave her yet, which was partly true.

"You'll make sure that the store won't go up in flames?" She asked tracing my tattoos with her cold finger

I hummed "Johnnie will be coming with too to help, so everything will be under control."

She smiled before kissing my cheek "what would I do without?"

I didn't answer her, instead I wrapped my arms around her frame pulling her closer.

This was only temporary.