𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕

INNOVATION -
CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE

INNOVATION - CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE

⚘ GOODBYE GLADE ⚘

Newt and Kalisa were only given 30 more minutes of peace before it was time to go.

They each grabbed their runner packs, which were stuffed to the brim with survival tools and first aid products. Kalisa had also tucked away several weapons. A dagger in her boot, a knife in her belt, two swords on her back, and a wooden spear in her hands. Once they were ready, they left the Homestead for the last time ever- and made their way to the North Door, where the rest of the traveling Gladers were gathering.

To Kalisa's relief it seemed as though most of the boys had decided to go. She saw many familiar faces; Chuck, Minho, Fry, Winston, Henry. But she also noticed several stubborn souls who chose to risk it back in the Glade.

As much as she wanted to force them all along with her, Kalisa knew there was no hope for them. Those boys had all made their decision. The Glade was all they had ever known- and maybe in some way dying here would be more comforting rather than in the Maze or wherever lay past. Those boys had made their choice, and now it was time to full-fill hers.

Kalisa turned her attention back to the group to see Thomas arriving with the last group of stragglers. He pushed his way through the crowd, stopping in front of Newt and Kalisa. A moment later Minho and Teresa joined them to speak together one last time before the adventure would begin.

"You shanks ready?" Minho greeted, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. Somehow even now, he seemed confident and relaxed, though she supposed he did know the Maze better than any of them. "Thomas, this was all your idea, so it better work. If not, I'll kill ya before the Grievers can."

Thomas paled considerably despite the Runners joking tone. "So no pressure." Kalisa nudged his arm with a sarcastic grin. Now was not the time to doubt the plan.

Thomas nodded with a grimace, averting his gaze to Teresa. "You okay?" He questioned.

"I'm fine." Teresa lied. "Just anxious to get it over with."

"Amen sister." Minho shook his head. Kalisa almost laughed.

"I think it's time for a pep talk, what do you think?" Newt muttered down to her, scanning the boys around them.

"Blow 'em all away." Kalisa exhaled, watching as he stood straighter and called for everybody's attention.

When the group had died down, Newt spoke. "There are 42 of us. Make sure you've got your weapons. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to buggin' say— you've all been told the plan. We're gonna fight our way through to the Griever Hole, and Tommy here's gonna punch in his little magic code and then we're gonna get payback on the Creators. Simple as that."