CHAPTER 27

"It's been long, my Lady."

"Mary!" I ran towards her at once, without realising I was in tears. "What took you so long?" I asked as I tightly hugged her.

"I'm sorry, my Lady."

"So you were this much upset." I heard brother Cedric's voice. I turned around. He was standing beside the door. Then he leaned towards it. He looks like a painting with his sad expression. "I'm sorry!"

Brother told me he found a nanny for Rose but Rose's maternal family suddenly contacted him and said they wishes to keep her with them. So brother agreed. Because he thought that might be the best decision for now.

"My Lady, Sir Dalton told me you have become friends with the third and fourth prince. Are they nice to you?"

"The third Prince is kind, though the fourth prince is a little annoying." I paused ,"Mary there's something I want to know."

"Yes, please ask!"

"How was mother's relation with Lady Prim?"

"Lady Prim? Lady Pia treated everyone equally, she was in good terms with her also."

Mary always says mother was very kind so that means she didn't had any special relationship with Lady Prim. But I'm a little more curious about mother today.

"And why does brother Cedric addresses my mother as mother?"

"Oh that! That's a little long story.

"Please tell me. I want to know about it."

After staring at me for some time she decided to tell me the long story, "I had recently joined at that time. It was a beautiful sunny day, young master was just 10 years old at that time. Duke Usher had brought Lady Pia at the manor. At first I was a little bit shocked that how could he just suddenly bring a Lady. But everyone else were rather relaxed because for them it wasn't something new.

At the beginning we didn't knew she was the well known performer from the Imperial Palace; who received the Lady title by the previous Emperor himself. After realising we thought she might be a little arrogant but to our surprise she was unnecessarily kind. Even if someone made a mistake how big or small it was she was always forgiving.

She greeted everyone smilingly, talked to everyone politely. As time was passing she became a part of everyone's life. (*)Many thought she might become the Duchess even Young Master thought so. She was kind to the Young Master also and even said he is the only one who is capable of becoming the next Grand Duke. She took care of him, loved him and even protect him. Slowly their relation became more deep.

(* If she had became the Duchess it would mean her child would become the next successor)

But all of a sudden Duke Usher's nature changed. He totally stopped meeting the Lady.And it didn't even seemed like he wasn't interested in her anymore. Moreover it was as if His Grace had totally forgot about her," Mary stopped talking and looked uncomfortable. Is she worried about me?

"And then what happened?" I asked.

"It was when Lady Pia was pregnant, Duke Usher went to visit one of the neighbouring country and brought Lady Indrani (Meitry's mother) with him. Young master was heartbroken along with all of us. But to everyone's surprise Lady Pia was totally unfazed as if she knew that it was going to happen. But after this incident Young Master was totally in Lady Pia's favour; he considered her as his second mother and promised to take her responsibilities in the future.

But future had other plans," Mary said with a vague smile, "like his own mother Lady Pia soon left us," after saying so she realised she said something she shouldn't had, Mary looked at me fearfully, "I'm sorry it must be tough to hear all this My Lady."

Author's Note: How is everyone doing?

Do you guys like Lady Pia? And what do you guys think about Rose going to her maternal family?

And don't forget to vote⭐ if you like this chapter.