CHAPTER 15

"Our grandfather don't like any of us," said brother Henry.
"So, what's new? It's not like we like him also," said brother Neel.
"You don't get it Neel. It means he doesn't like brother Cedric also. And brother Cedric hasn't become the Duke yet. So there's a chance he tries to make one of his other son the successor!"
"What!!!!" we all screamed at once.
"Yes, yes. I had expected such kind of reaction. But this is what it is."
"But how do you know about it?" asked sister Athena.
"I have my source. And be sure it's reliable."
We all looked at each other. Brother Henry might go around playing small tricks on other but he isn't someone who would lie about something this serious.
"So is there something we could possibly do?" Meitry asked.
"What do you mean Meitry? You may not realise now but soon you will realise that you are recieving all this luxury thanks to brother Cedric. If he wanted he could had easily thrown us out of the manor after father's death. But he didn't did that. So it's our time to payback," said brother Henry.
"What do we have to do then?"
"Oh don't worry! I already have my plans!" said brother Henry delightedly.

The next day:
"My Lady, are you ready?"
"Yes Sir Dalton. Let's go."
"The young Master wanted to meet you once before going to the Imperial Palace. So we need to go to the Duke's office first."
"Okay."

We walked to the Duke's office and Sir Dalton knocked at the door as he said,"Young Master, Lady Davinia is here."
"Yes, Davinia please come inside."
I opened the the door slightly and went inside. Brother Cedric was behind a pile of document. He was writing something. "Wow brother you look so cool while working!" He looked at me at once; embarrassedly. "I'm not trying to flattering you. Haha." I added as I scratched my head. I didn't thought before complementing him.
"I know you are not someone who would try to flatter me. Last time you and Athena said you wanted to learn horseback riding. I looked into the matter. You both can start your training from this week."
"Really brother," I said as I ran towards him and hugged him tightly, "you are the best."
"Don't say that infront of Neel, he'll die out of an heart attack," brother said clumsily.
"I love you brother!"
"And one more thing, remember you don't have to put up with any of the tantrums of the Prince. If you don't like him, just bid your farewell and come back. Do you understand me Davinia?"
"Okay brother. I understand."

At the Imperial Palace:
"So you finally came Lady Davinia. I heard Lord Cedric was quite against your decision."
"He was just simply worried about me your Imperial Highness."
"Yes, I know. But aren't you worried about yourself?"
"I believe nothing can happen to me as long as the Imperial Highness will stay by my side."
"I already like you Lady Davinia," said the Empress looking oddly delighted, "and you are Sir Dalton right? I met your father a few days ago. Stay with the Lady always."
"Yes your Imperial Highness, I will," replied Sir Dalton.
"Lady Davinia, it would be better to meet the Imperial Prince Mikhail first," she sighed, "remember one thing you don't have to be scared of anything. And behave just as you would behave with your siblings!"

Author's Note: I hope everyone is having a good day❤️. And if you like this chapter don't forget to vote⭐.
Are you guys curious about the 4th prince?