CHAPTER 9

"Davinia are you crying??!!! What happened? Who made you cry???"
"Brother Neel"
"Yes Davinia. I'm here so tell me who made you cry. I'll make sure they suffer for every drop of your tear"
No what am I doing? Am I jealous of Rose right now?? No I can't be. "It's nothing brother Neel."
"Lie. What's wrong Davinia? You have never behaved this way before. Is there anything bothering you. Please tell me." I could feel the urge in his voice. He really sounded like an older brother. I can't lose him.
"Then promise me that you will always be there for me."
"Of course I will," he said as he hugged me tightly.

The day of funeral:
"Sister Katrina will you really go to the academic tomorrow?" asked sister Athena.
"No I'll leave right after the funeral ends."
"But weren't you suppose to leave tomorrow?" asked brother Henry.
"I just had a change in my plans. You all don't have to worry about that."
"Is Sir Dalton accompanying you, sister?"
"No we are not allowed to have knights with us. Brother Cedric said he himself will drop me along with his Knight."
"I can't believe the crown price came to father's funeral!!!" exclaimed brother Ishak in awe.
"Didn't he came because he is close to brother Cedric?" I asked.
"I hope so. Otherwise I don't really want that man to get such special treatments."
Suddenly Alex and Matthew ran towards me, "Sister Davinia, brother Cedric told us to call you," said Alex.
Why is he calling me. I haven't talk to him after he changed Mary. Although I'm still angry with him but I feel embarrassed to see him after I behaved like that.
"Brother Cedric you called me?" Oh he is with the crown price. "Greetings Crown Prince William. It's a pleasure to meet you."
"Oh you are exactly as your brother says," said the crown prince. I looked at brother Cedric.
"The crown prince said the Empress wanted to see us both," said brother Cedric. Why is he telling me that? If the Empress wants to see us of course we have to go.
"Cedric always speaks highly of you. So mother wanted to see you once. You don't need to be worried about anything. I hope you both will visit the Queen's palace soon."

And that's what the crown prince said that day. But why do they want to see me?? I haven't done anything wrong, right? Nobody bothers Rose too. So why does she wish to see me. Sister Katrina has already left and brother Cedric came back after dropping her. I was informed today we will be meeting the empress. Why do I feel so nervous...

"Are you ready, Davinia?"
"Yes brother Cedric. But why does the Empress wants to see me?"
"Are you scared?"
"No. Just a bit nervous."
"Don't worry. I'll be there with you."
I didn't spoke to brother after he changed Mary's duty. I practically misbehaved with him. And still he is being so nice to me.
"Brother Cedric, I'm sorry about that day. I shouldn't had acted that way. You are already working so hard and yet I'm being a troublemaker."
"No Davinia. Don't say that. I should had asked you first before changing your maid. Once I find another maid who is good in taking care of babies, I promise she'll return to her formal duties. Please just be considerate for the time being."