CHAPTER 10

"So you are Davinia!"
"It's a pleasure to meet you, your royal highness."
"I'm sorry to hear about Duke Usher. He was one of our trustworthy people. It's a loss he died at such young age."
Both I and brother stayed quiet.
"Do you know what does Davinia means?"
"It means 'loved by God' , your highness."
"Cedric always praises you highly. But now that I'm meeting you..." she paused for a few seconds "you do resemble Pia a lot. She was one of the purest soul one could find. It's a great grief that she isn't with us anymore."
"Yes your highness Mother Pia was too kind. But our Davinia is also very kind and well mannered. Sometimes I can't even tell she is just 6," said brother Cedric.
"YES! THAT'S WHY I CALLED YOU BOTH HERE TODAY," she said excitedly.
"Pardon your highness. I don't understand what are you saying.."
"I'm pretty sure you've already heard the rumours about the 4th prince."
"Rumours are often exaggerated. You don't need to worry about them your highness."
"No Cedric. Mikhail is going out of hand. He treats everyone too poorly. As a mother this is something I can't let go," Brother Cedric looked tensed "and so I wish Lady Davinia becomes his playmate."
"BUT YOUR HIGHNESS....."
"Calm down Cedric. I want Lady Davinia to take the decision. Lady Davinia I'm not merely telling you to come and play with the prince. I'm also offering you royal teachers, royal lessons. Not everyone can get that. Moreover I don't want you to treat Mikhail specially just because he is a prince. He is two years younger than you. You don't even need to be formal with him."
"Your royal hig...."
"No you don't have to tell me your decision right away. Take your time and just send me a letter."

Back in the carriage:
"Davinia you don't have to force yourself if you don't want to!"
"I won't but I'll think about it," I looked at brother Cedric he looked tensed "brother Cedric why did you referred mother as mother Pia?"
His eyes looked a little bigger for a second "I have always referred her as Mother."

Back at the Ducal palace:
Wow I never knew brother Cedric was close to Mother. I should ask Mary.. oh she must be with Rose. I shouldn't disturb her.

"DAVINIA?!!?!!" I heard brother Neel and Meitry. "Is it true that the Empress wants you to become friends with the fourth prince???" asked Meitry.
"My poor Davinia!!! Why does all this things keep happening to you??!!" said brother Neel as he tightly hugged me.
"Why are you both overreacting? Stop hugging me like that brother Neel."
"What do you mean overreacting Davinia. Haven't you heard the rumours about the fourth prince? They say all the maids leave their job within 5 days if they serve the fourth prince. Even his teachers are sick of him. He treats everyone like dog and cat. In one word he is going to become the future tyrant of this umpire!" said Meitry scarily.
"Do you think I don't know all this?"
"Then what are going to say to the Empress?" asked brother Neel eagerly.
"Of course a YES!!!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THANK YOU FOR READING "I ENDED UP AS THE DUKE'S 7TH CHILD". IF YOU LIKE MY WRITING PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW WRITING "PRINCESS ISABELLA".

THANK YOU AGAIN❤️