Chapter 35

"Mary have you found the diary yet?" I asked as soon as I entered the room.

"No, My Lady. I have already searched the entire room. But I haven't found a diary like you described. I believe it might be in the storage room with your other used belongings."

"Then please tell someone to look for it there."

"Yes, My Lady. I will. Would you like some snacks?"

"No. You may go. I would like to rest now."

***

"Davinia, are you sleeping?"

I opened my eyes. I didn't realise that I would actually fall asleep. I quickly woke up and realised brother Cedric was sitting beside. "Brother what are you doing here?"

"Can't I come to see you?"

"No! It's not like that. It's just you are so busy usually so..."

"I just came back home. I'll be working from home for a few days now."

"Really? That would be very nice."

He gently put his hand on my shoulder. "You haven't met Rose, right? Let's to together. Will that be alright?"

It isn't alright and I really don't want to meet her. But I couldn't refuse brother either. "Yes. Let's go." I replied with a smile.

While we were walking towards Rose's room brother said, "I want you to meet someone."

"Whom brother?"

"Marquis Dawson's youngest sister."

"But why?"

"You'll get to know once you neet her," he said and knocked at the door.

A young girl opened the door for us. There was no doubt it was Rose.

"Are you alone in your room? Where's the maid I had assigned for you?" asked brother.

"You must be Grand Duke Cedric! It's an honour to meet you," she replied.

Brother was a little taken back due to asking her a question even before introducing himself, he quickly said, "Oh yes. I'm Cedric Holler and she is your older sister Davinia Holler. If you don't mind could we come in?"

"Of course Grand Duke! Please come."

"You can call me brother, you don't have to talk so formally."

"Really? Can I really do that?"

"Yes. Of course," brother reassured her and asked, "where's your maid?"

"Oh that girl," she looked a bit uneasy, "I told her to stay outside. Actually it's my first day here, it was a little bit uncomfortable for me to stay with someone unfamiliar. I hope that would be okay."

"Yes yes. Of course. That's totally fine," brother looked a little hesitant then he said, "I hope you will be able to stay here comfortably from now on. Feel free to ask for any kind of help or guidance if you want. Then I'll take my leave. You two may continue the conversation. Good night." Brother said and left at once.

WHY WOULD HE DO THAT!!!! NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO TALK TO HER??? THINK OF SOMETHING DAVINIA!!!

"If you don't mind," she paused then added,"if you don't have anything to say then I would like to rest," said Rose.

"Really?!?!?" I was shocked for a minute "yeah of course. Please take some rest. I don't mind at all."

Author's Note: I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for another late update. I'll try to upload the next chapter quicker.

Don't forget to vote⭐ if you like the chapter.