CHAPTER 11

"WHAT!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT????" screamed brother Neel.
"Is that because you are afraid that the Empress might punish brother Cedric if you don't agree??" asked Meitry.
"Think whatever you want. I have already taken my decision. So go now," I said as I shove them out.

From what I remember this wasn't something which was mentioned in the story. After all, the supporting characters are not something a book would talk about. So from what I'm guessing, there will be circumstances for which, we will start hating Rose. And there are already things happening like that. Father gave Rose much valuable thing than others, Mary went to her. I am quite sure that similar things will happen to others so that they get a reason to hate Rose.

But for now I need to worry about myself. If I want I can say no to the Empress. I'm sure brother Cedric will handle it. But the problem is, it might offend the Empress and due to that brother Cedric will lose the Empress's favour. I'm pretty sure if I have received such kind of offer my other siblings might also receive some kind of offers in the future and if we keep declining; brother Cedric's position will be at stake.

I was thinking this even before that if brother Cedric and Crown Prince William are in friendly terms then why did we end up that way in the story. After all a Crown Prince has much more upper hand than the 4th prince. So it will be unwise to create any kind of misunderstanding between him and brother. But someone who has even more power than the crown prince is the Empress. So if I can win her over I'm pretty sure things will change for better.

In the Ducal Hall:
"Why did brother Cedric called all of us?" asked brother Henry.
"No idea," replied brother Ishak.
"Is it because of you Davinia?" Meitry whispered in my ears.
"I don't know," I replied.
"Are you really not going to change your decision?" she again asked. I was about to give her a reply that's when brother Cedric came.
"So all of you are here. I called Grandfather back. He is going to come back in the Ducal palace in about a week. So make sure all of you behave well......"
"But why is he coming?" asked sister Athena.
"I called him," said brother Cedric as he sighed. "I know most of you are not familiar with him. And it might be a little uncomfortable for you all. But I'm not sure if I can handle all the matters alone all of a sudden. I thought it would be better if I had someone by my side."
"It's fine brother. It's not like any of us can help you so it's better to get help from someone experienced," said brother Neel.
"Thank you all for being understanding. That's all I had to say you all can go back now."
I should tell him that I have made my decision. "Brother Cedric I need to tell you something," I said as I saw everyone leaving.
"Yes. Go ahead."
"I've made up my mind. I'll consider the Empress's......"
"Davinia," he stopped me in the middle as he gently put his hand on my shoulder and said, "you are not going anywhere. I have already taken the decision."

Author's Note:- I can't believe it's already the 11th chapter!!! If you enjoyed this chapter please give a vote⭐.

Are you curious about any of the siblings? And who is your favourite character so far??? Let me know in the comments❤️.