✨️《THE SELECTION》✨️

"Amidst countless options, a choice takes flight,
In the realm of selection, paths align, shining bright."

Mattheo Riddle's Pov:-
I walked along the halls of hogwarts to Dumbledore's office. It had been yesterday that we had a duel in Professor Snape's class, yesterday that i was almost killed, and I figured that they called me to the office for just that.I knocked on the office door.The entrance was by means of a circular moving stone staircase which was concealed by a gargoyle on the third floor and revealed upon delivery of a password. Then I entered. Dumbledore's office was a large circular room full of rare and unusual magical artefacts.

"Ah, Mattheo Riddle, please come in. I've been eagerly awaiting your arrival."

"Sir, you required my presence?"

"Yes.........Quite a duel it was, wasn't it? No one failed to mention it."

"...."

"It was quite... extraordinary. Those skills are not commonly found."

"What are you trying to say, sir?"

"All I am trying to say is that I think such talent shouldn't go to waste"

Just as I was about to speak, there was a knock on the door, and Yn entered the office. She was wearing the usual Slytherin uniform, and she had a messy bun in her hair with some strands of hair falling perfectly on her face.

"May I enter.?"

"Oh, Yn, of course."

"You requested my company, Professor?"
Yn spared a glance for me and soon turned to Dumbledore. Her presence did a lot of things to me. I still couldn't forget the fact that she almost murdered me and named it as an unintentional mistake. I surely did underestimate her.

"Ah ,yes, yes."

Dumbledore stood up from his desk and went to his pheonix and started feeding him something. It was a majestic bird with vibrant crimson and gold feathers.

"I heard about the duel you both had yesterday. It was an extraordinary spectacle showcasing unparalleled skill..... and I believe that true talent shouldn't go to waste."

He turned around and looked at us.

" I'll be pleased to tell you that OWL's is going to conduct a dueling competition in which 5 different schools will participate. Hogwarts is one of them."

I turned my eyes and gazed at Yn. She seemed quite focused. Dumbledore than slowly made his way to us again.

"The competition will be held on the premises of the the wizarding school of Castelobruxo. The Brazilian school for magic, which takes students from all over South America, may be found hidden deep within the rainforest."

Than Dumbledore came and stood right in front of us.

"2 students are to be selected from each and every school and I'll be honoured to inform you that we want both of you to participate in the competition and represent our school."

Yn's Pov:-
This was quite a rare opportunity. I looked at Mattheo and found him already looking at me. I stopped looking at him but i could still could feel his gaze and his cold eyes on me.

" But it is up to you if you want to participate or not. No one's forcing you"

I tried to focus on Dumbledore's words trying not to pay attention to Mattheo.

" Proffesor , I'll gladly take the opportunity"
I said trying not to sound unsure.

"What about you Mattheo Riddle..?"

"Sir, I am thrilled to have the chance to participate"

"So it's decided than. I would like both of you to go and visit professor Snape later today to go thorough the terms and conditions"

"Certainly"
Mattheo said