🖤< Rivalry >🖤

As blades clash and sparks ignite,
Two souls dance in a duel, fierce and bright.

Mattheo made his step by step  to the middle of the room, and he sure didn't seem hesitant. Theodore gave him a smirk , and he smiled back. I wanted to wipe that smile right off that face of his , and this was the right opportunity to do so.

I made myself ready, yet my hear it wasn't due to fear.

The duel started

"Expelliarmus"
I casted this spell without wasting a split second and took a step forward

"Protego"
Mattgeo dodged my spell

"Acendio" (to send someone into the air ) Mattheo moved a little towards me

"protego Totalum"
A bubble was created around me, protecting me from the spell

"Incendio"
Fire flames moved toward me.

"Aguamenti"
Water was drawn out of my wand. Extinguishing the fire flames.

It felt like I was in a never-ending duel of spells and counterspells.

"Alerte ascendare"
Instead of pointing the wand to me, Mattheo pointed it to a nearby table, and it rose in the air. Then, it quickly came towards me. Without thinking twice, I casted out another spell.

"Diffindo"
The table divided into two and froze in the air.

"Flipendo," I said, and the table fastly moved towards Mattheo. I took another step forward

"Expecto Patronum" Mattheo's patronus, a yellowish brown cayote.  saved him from the table. Then, as everyone watched. The cayote ran towards me and just circled my legs as though it was my Patronus. Everyone watched in surprise, but no one was more surprised than Mattheo himself. Then, the cayote ran into the wall and through it.

I looked around and saw all the students so invested in the fight. There was only a small distance between Mattheo and I, and the duel was yet to be over.

"Serpensortia,"  Mattheo said, and a serpent appeared in the middle. I believe he didn't know that I could speak parseltongue so I spoke just that. Mattheo seemed as though he had seen a ghost.

The serpent seemed to listen and started to move toward Mattheo to attack. Mattheo also started speaking  parseltongue, and the serpent stopped where it was. It seemed like a game of seduction instead of a duel, and we both slowly moved towards the serpent. His slow movements towards the serpent resembled my own, and it came to a point where there was only inches in between us. Suddenly, Mattheo pointed his wand at the snake.

"Bombarda"

The snake blasted, leaving no sign of it. We made eye contact. The one that makes your heart want to burst out and makes you scream. Eyes into eyes, we looked at each other. The wands in our hand perfectly ready for any move. We moved closer step by step that our wands came in contact with one anothers neck. Even though I also had a wand in my hand it felt useless. I felt like he was the one in crontol.

Deep breaths and fast heartbeats could be heard by the both of us. I had never been so colse to him. His gaze felt like fire on my skin, and his hazel eyes pierced through mine. The way he looked at me made it seem like we were both alone in the room. His curls fell perfectly on his face. His lips, though dry, seemed like my only  salvation. Breathe yn , breathe

"Mattheo Riddle's Pov"
She looked at me dangerously. Her eyes were the death of me as i drowned in them . Her beautiful lashes lowered, seemingly on my lips, then up again, and her eyes seemed to be repeating the process. Her lips looked like the only thing I could devour.

Her hand then quickly rose up.

"Avada ke... "
My breath hitched

"Enough."

before yn could complete her sentence , Professor Snape stopped her.