Field Trip

Dr. Robert turned on the light in our room at eight in the morning, the shades had been shut so I could sleep in."  Get up and get dressed."  He said, a smile on his face."  What's happening, is there a fire?"  I asked as I scrambled for my pants."  There is going to Field Trip today, we're going to the mall.  We'll be discovering how you act out in public, and make progress on that."  Mary was tripping over her pant legs as she tried to pull them on, and I puled my socks on.  Dr. Robert came into our room with new clothes for us both."  Here you go, a new set of clothes for both of you.  There aren't laces in the shoes though, I hope that's okay."  I nodded, and took my clothes in my arms.  I pulled on the pair of jeans, Van's with no laces, checkered flannel, and sunglasses.

Mary had jeans, a white hoodie with no strings, and black converses with no laces.  She tucked her jeans into the converses, and grabbed my hand as we walked out.  Alex was out there before us, and yawned from being woken up.  He wore dark skinny jeans, a maroon wool long sleeve, a small scarf around his scarred neck, and Nike's.  I watched as the others walked over to us.  Ruth wearing an amazing flowing pink dress, creamy tan cardigan, and slip on's.  Louie had on gray dress pants, a white button up, and some black dress shoes.  Red had black skinny jeans, a red T-shirt, red sneakers, and her hair under a red baseball cap. El and Dr. Robert were joining us, and they had on casual clothes.  Dr. Robert wore tan shorts, a pale blue T-shirt, and flip flops.  El wore skinny jeans, flip flops, and a green tank top.  She had bracelets around her wrists, she looked like a teenager almost.

She put her arm around my shoulders as we walked toward the bus."  You excited?"  She asked, and I shrugged."  I've never been to the mall before, never had money to shop."  She shrugged, and stuck something into my pocket."  Well now you do."  I looked over at her, and smiled.  We sat in our seats, Mary sitting next to the window with earbuds in, and El on the other side of me."  Okay, we only have two hours in the mall.  So be zippy with being in stores."  Dr. Robert said as the bus started driving, and I almost burst out laughing.  I've never heard the word 'zippy' used before, not even in movies.  I'm not even sure what it meant actually.

El rolled her eyes, and pulled a black jacket over her bare shoulders."  Jason is much happier when outside of the hospital."

"Jason?"  I asked, and she pointed at the doctor."  That's his name, Jason Robert."

"So he has two first names?"  I said, and she nodded."  I think it was kind of clever, would have been much more funny if it was Robert Robert."  I laughed at that, and she smiled.  We then arrived at the mall, which was a ten minute drive from the hospital.  We looked like we were from a looney bin the way we had two white uniform guards behind us."  Okay, El you can go with Jerliko to any stores you want.  The rest of you come with me, this is Jerliko's first time in a mall.  That's why he gets special attention."  I shrugged, and walked with El to the stores."  Here, this is a store you might like."  I looked up to find us in front of a book store."  I love books."  I said,and walked in with her.  She went to look at the hospital disorder books, and I went to the fiction books.  I found one called Skin and Bones, which was a fictional book on Anorexia.  It looked good, so I decided to give it a try.  I bought it, and waited for El at the coffee shop in the store.

I then heard a low laugh which made me quiver with fear."  Yeah, heard the stupid dog chased the car for three days.  Dumb bastard."  Terry?  Why was he here, especially in a book store."  I hope he's okay, I don't want him to be in pain."  That squeaky annoying voice, Andrea Forrest?   I didn't know they dated, must be hard with a huge lug like him.  El came over to where I was sitting, and I tried to hide my face in the book."  What's the matter Jerliko?"

"That kid is from my school."  I said, pointing at him when I spotted him."  Oh?  You two know each other, maybe I should wave him over."

"No, that's Terry!  The Bully."  El understood now, and Terry looked over at me.  I hid my face in the book as he walked over to us."  Who said my name over here?"  He asked, and I could myself shivering.  Then my book was slammed down on the table, Terry and I were face to face.  His breathe smelled like onions, and he looked more like a cow than before."  Oh, it's the little Nazi?  Who's this, your Mommy?"  He  asked, and I looked over at El.  She stood up, and shoved him out of the way."  You back off of him, you cow!  This kid is way better than you will ever be, so you back off!"  El just stood up for me, El did!  I looked up at Terry, and he looked over at El."  Keep the Nazi, who would ever want him anyway."

"I would you terrible boy, and I don't appreciate the nickname.  How would you like it if people called you a Cow all the time, it's not nice now is it?"  Terry left in anger, and El hugged me around the shoulders."  Thank you El."

"It's my pleasure Jerliko."