Chapter 35

Darya, Aemond and Daemon deal with the Hightowers before returning to Kings Landing. I hope you guys like it 🥰

His uncles and cousins were terrified as they looked at him, he was sure he looked a sight, his clothes, hair, and skin covered in blood. Vhagar was behind him and even as large as she was, she was nowhere near as fearsome as Aegarax was. The black dragon's anger was palpable and everyone knew the only thing that was keeping the dragon from tearing everything and everyone apart was Darya. His wife was getting cleaned under Daemon's watchful eye. They had even found a gown for her to change into and Daemon was waiting for her inside the castle. He was worried about their child and so was his wife, but she was trying to keep positive.

"Aemond," Gwayne's voice was pleading, as he kneeled in front of him with his hands tied behind his back as were the rest of the Hightowers. "We are your family, you can't do this."

Aemond glared at the man before slamming his fist in his face. He grabbed Gwayne's hair and yanked his head back. "Do you truly believe I give a fuck who you are? You took my wife, my heavily pregnant wife, and gave her to men who wanted to cut her open and kill my child."

The man groaned as blood ran down his face. Ormund was kneeling beside him but said nothing. Hobert was also kneeling and tied up, he was observing things with an angry look in his eye. Every single Hightower relative had been tied up and brought to the courtyard, where the dragons were resting while Daemon accompanied Darya so she could get cleaned up.

"It is a disgrace what you are doing." Apparently, Hobert was tired of staying silent. "Your mother sacrificed everything for you and you all betrayed her. She is a prisoner while her oldest son gave away the throne, her daughter decided to stay behind and you married Rhaenyra's whore of a daughter..."

The man did not get to say anything else as Aemond jumped on him and threw him to the ground. He slammed his fist on his face over and over again, feeling the skin give way before bones were crushed and his face became unrecognizable. Aemond could not hear anything, there was a ringing in his ears as fury overwhelmed him. This man was the reason why his wife had been drugged and taken, their child might be dead in her belly. The man calling her a whore had given her to men who wanted to kill her. Finally, he stopped, his breathing was hard and that was all he could hear over the ringing in his ears. After a few seconds, he heard the screaming and looked to the side to see the women screaming as they looked at him in horror. Ormund also looked horrified as he stared at his father's dead body and Aemond stood and took a few steps back.

"Aemond," He looked to the side and softened at the concerned look Darya was giving him. He had not even heard her walk out. She moved closer and ran something over his face, it took him a few moments to realize that she was using a handkerchief to clean the blood from his face. "What happened?"

He shook his head. "He said something he should have never said."

"Well, I wish you would have allowed me to help you." Daemon's mocking voice reached him as he looked down at Hobert's body. He shook his head before looking towards him and Darya. "Good thing there are more than enough people for me to kill."

Aemond did not care what the hell happened to the Hightowers as long as they were dead. He would make sure that every single member of his mother's cursed side of the family was ashes before returning to Kings Landing. He had never felt any special affection for them, they had not cared about him or his siblings, only the power they could obtain through them. Even after everything his grandsire had done, Aemond had left them alone, hoping that they would stay away and forget about how everything had almost ended in disaster. He should have known better, but this time he would make sure to do what he should have done from the beginning.