Chapter 30

Rhaenyra finds out about Darya's pregnancy. Second part is just smut 😳. I hope you guys like it 🥰

"You left early last night." Darya was trying to listen to her mother, but it was hard when all she could think about was trying to keep her food down. Her mother had the maids serve quail's eggs and the smell was making her stomach twist in a very uncomfortable manner. "Is something the matter?"

"No," She tried to breathe through her mouth to stop herself from retching. "I was not feeling well."

Her mother gave her a worried look. "Are you ill? Have you seen a maester?"

"Yes, I have seen the maester." She took a sip of the tea the maid had brought her and tried to ignore the eggs. "And no, I am not ill. I am just tired, he said it is nothing to worry about."

She could tell her mother was not convinced. "Are you sure?" She gave the woman a questioning look, and her mother gestured toward her face. "You look a bit green."

"I..."

Whatever she was about to say was lost as the overwhelming urge to be sick filled her and she bolted out of the chair and ran toward the chamber pot. She hit her knees at the exact moment she started to retch. She could hear her mother yelling something, but could not hear what she was saying. She hated being ill and she could not imagine eight more moons of this. The maester had said she might feel ill in the morning, but she felt ill at all times. Her mother ran a hand down her back as Darya continued to be sick. A few minutes later her stomach was empty and she was able to take a deep breath. A cup of water appeared in front of her and she rinsed her mouth as her mother ran a wet cloth over the back of her neck.

"Here, my love." Rhaenyra helped her stand and led her to the bed where she helped her lay down. Her mother removed her slippers and thanked the maid who handed her a small box filled with mint leaves. "Put this in your mouth."

Darya did as her mother asked, not having it in her to protest. She took deep breaths and tried to stop the room from spinning as the doors opened.

"Your grace," Gerardys bowed before moving closer to the bed. "I was told you were calling for me."

"Yes, maester," Her mother moved off the bed and gave the man a worried look. "My daughter is ill. She was fine one moment and became ill the next."

"Yes, I told the princess not to overdo it too much." The maester moved closer to Darya and gave her a gentle smile. "Is there any pain, princess? Have you had cramping or bleeding?"

"No, maester." She stayed laying down, not feeling strong enough to move around. "My mother overreacted a bit. It is the same nausea as before."

The maester gave her an understanding nod. "Do you wish me to prepare you something?"

"No," She shook her head, not wanting any more concoctions. "It has already passed."

"What?" Her mother moved closer to both of them. "What are you talking about?"

The maester gave her a panicked look and Darya just waved him away, waiting until he left before turning to her mother. She felt bad for having worried Rhaenyra, but she had wanted to wait a bit longer before saying anything. She was afraid that if she told too many people something would happen to her child.

"I..." She took a deep breath and looked her mother in the eye. "I am with child."

"You are?" Her mother's expression became happy when Darya nodded and she immediately sat on the bed next to her. "That is great news, my love." Rhaenyra kissed her forehead and ran a hand over her hair. "Why did you not tell me?"