Chapter 16

Aegon is pissed about what almost happened to his children and makes a decision about Darya. Aemond thinks killing his brother might be a good idea. I hope you guys like it 🥰

2 weeks later.

Darya was thankful when she was told that they had been able to stop the men who had been hired to kill Helaena's children. Aemond had placed guards inside his sister's chambers and had patrolled some of the secret tunnels himself. He had found the men as they tried to make their way to Helaena's chambers, a fight had ensued and he had killed them both. The downside for the Greens was that since both men were dead they could not say who in the city had hired them. Aemond had also sent the letter to her mother, just like Darya had suggested. Aegon had been furious when he discovered what had almost happened and had ordered no food or water be brought to Darya. Aemond had ignored the orders and threatened the guards with dismemberment if they did not bring her food and water. The guards had been a bit hesitant but gave in when the prince promised that he would not tell anyone.

She had been getting food and water on a regular basis and had received a few letters from her aunt. Helaena had thanked her several times for helping her and promised that she would try and help her. Darya was not expecting much, her aunt was tied down by her family and Darya would never ask her to endanger herself.

The doors slammed open and two guards walked in, followed by Criston Cole. The queen's guard gave her a mocking bow. "Princess, the king asks for your presence."

She rolled her eyes and stood up, fixing her blue-green gown, and followed after them. This gown was more to her taste and it had been sent by her aunt. She made it to the throne room and stood up straight, watching as Aegon looked at her with malice.

"Your whore of a mother tried to have my wife and children killed." Aegon snapped. "What do you think about that?"

"I think you have been drinking a bit more than usual, which says a lot since you are always drunk." She could see Aemond trying to hold back his smile as the people in court whispered. She knew that most of them agreed with her, it was no secret that the king spent most of his time drunk. "Do you have any proof that mother was the one who planned this?"

"Who else would have been?" Aegon's glare intensified. "There is no one else in Kings Landing that has a reason to hate me."

"Please tell me you are jesting." Aegon looked confused and Darya let out a laugh. "Most people in Kings Landing hate you, especially the common folk. Let us not forget that while you spend most of your time gorging yourself with food and drink, your people are starving, especially with the shortage of food."

Aegon slammed his hands on the arms of the throne and hissed when one of the swords cut him again. "That is also your mother's fault."

"Maybe she is trying to get your attention." Darya kept herself calm, not rising to the bait. Knowing that Aegon was looking for an excuse to punish her. "Have you tried talking to her?"

"Of course I have." Aegon now looked a bit confused. "I have sent her an envoy and also a letter once you were captured."

"That is not what I meant." Darya looked at Otto, who was giving her a hateful look before looking back at her uncle. "She will not trust anything Otto says because she does not trust him and never will. She also does not trust your letters because she knows they are not your words, but your grandsire's and your mother's."

"How dare you..." Alicent took a step towards her, but Darya did not give her the chance to finish.

"Am I lying?" Darya asked with a smile. "Tell me that the letter my mother received about me was not written by you or your father."