Chapter 14

Darya and Helaena talk, Darya comes to a realization about her aunt. Otto decides to punish Darya when she refuses his request. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Darya had been locked in for the past two days and most of it had been spent crying and angry at the situation. On the first day after her meeting with Aegon, the queen had sent her an ugly black gown embroidered with red flowers. The color was not what bothered her, but the style. The gown had puffy sleeves and her hair had been pinned up completely, the gown was not her style, but it was better than the one they had sent her before. No one had come to speak to her after her conversation with Aegon in the throne room. Aemond had tried to see her, but she had attacked him as soon as she walked through the door. Every time she saw him her grief and anger became sharper and all she could think about was how much she wanted him dead.

The doors to her chambers opened and she stood up, wiping away her tears and she faced the door. She was a bit surprised when it was Helaena who walked in, her aunt looked a bit subdued and gave her an apologetic look.

"I was told no one has come to see you." Her aunt moved closer. "I was not sure if you wanted to see anyone, but I wanted to make sure you were well."

"Of course I wanted to see you." Darya wrapped her arms around her aunt and laid her head on her shoulder. Helaena was the only honest and innocent person in that place. She was happy that she was doing well and did not have any marks on her. She was hoping that the queen was making sure Aegon was not hitting Helaena. She kept her head on her aunt's shoulders and held back her tears. "I am glad to see you."

"I am glad to see you too." Helaena returned her hug. "I am sorry about Arrax and everything that has happened since then."

Darya did not say anything, just nodded her head and continued holding Helaena. It took her a few minutes to pull back and look at her aunt. The door had been closed after Helaena walked in and they had not sent in a guard with her.

"I am surprised they did not have several guards come in with you." She took a step away from her aunt. "According to your mother and grandsire, I am insane and cannot be trusted."

"I did not tell them I was coming." Helaena shrugged as she moved around the room, touching some of the small trinkets that had been left. "I thought it better that they did not know. My mother would not approve of us conversing."

Darya rolled her eyes. "Has your mother ever approved of anything me or my brothers have done?"

"No," Helaena turned to her with a smile. "My mother hates your mother and thinks you, Jace, and Joffrey are a stain on the Targaryen name."

Darya felt a bit of amusement at her aunt's words. Helaena had always been painfully honest and had no issues telling people what was on her mind.

"Well, as long as she thinks about me."

Helaena chuckled for a moment before her expression changed and became a bit more serious. "I need to speak to you about something important."

Darya frowned. "Of course."

"Your mother has answered the letter my grandsire sent." Helaena twisted her hands in front of herself, seeming unsure for a moment. "Aegon offered her your life if she were to bend the knee, but with the condition that you would have to remain with us for the rest of your natural life."

Darya took a seat and stared at her aunt. "And what did my mother say?"

"She rejected the offer." Helaena sighed before sitting near her. "Aegon was angry, but my grandsire was not surprised."