Chapter 23

Aemond and Rhaenyra talk, he makes a request in exchange for what Rhaenyra wants. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Aemond knew this was a bad idea, there was a chance that Daemon would try to kill him or his sister would order to have him imprisoned or executed. His mother did not know Aegon had decided to meet with Rhaenyra and Aemond had decided not to tell her either. His mother's hate for Rhaenyra was known and he doubted his mother would see Aegon's decision as a good thing. Helaena agreed with the decision and had been the one to tell Aemond to go personally. At this moment, looking at the way the guards were staring at him, he wondered if maybe his sister was trying to get him killed.

"I knew you were a fool." Daemon's voice caught his attention and he could see the excitement in his uncle's eyes. The man was itching to kill him. "But I never realized you were a fool with a death wish."

"I am here to speak to my sister." Aemond knew that Daemon would never bother to listen to what he had to say. The man preferred if he and his other siblings were dead. "I have news that will interest her."

Daemon glared at him, but knew better than to approach, especially with Vhagar so close. "There is nothing you can say that will interest my wife..."

"Daemon." Darya's voice interrupted whatever Daemon had been about to say and she moved to stand beside her stepfather. Aemond could not help but stare at her, how beautiful she looked. "My mother wishes to see him and she said he is not to be hurt."

Daemon glared at Darya, but there was nothing he could do about it, especially because the order came from his wife. His niece signaled for Aemond to follow and he did, not missing as two guards immediately fell in step behind him. Aemond did not say anything as he followed his niece, he wanted to touch her so badly but was sure she would not welcome it. They entered the chambers of the painted table and Aemond could not help but look around. He was shocked to see what his ancestors had built, he had not seen Dragonstone before, it had always been his sister's seat. He liked it, he felt closer to his ancestors here. The painted table was beautiful and he could imagine Aegon the Conqueror and his sisters standing around it, planning to take over Westeros.

"Have you lost your mind?" Darya's angry voice brought his attention back to her. She was glaring at him, her purple eyes were dark with anger, but all he could see was those same eyes as she rode him to oblivion. "What are you doing here? Do you want to get killed?"

"No, we agreed that your mother and my brother needed to talk." He looked around, noticing that the guards were gone and the doors were closed, they were alone. "I got Aegon to accept and now I am here to talk to my sister."

"I said to send a letter." Arya snapped and Aemond had to resist the urge to smile. "My mother is extremely angry with you, she is not in a talkative mood."

"Well, maybe she will make an exception." He moved closer, his eye narrowed when she took a step back. He continued to move closer until she was backed against the table with his body blocking her in. "Have you missed me?" He lowered his head, running his nose over the slope of her neck. "Can you still feel me between your thighs? I have not been able to forget about it."

"Do not do this." Her hands tightened around the table's edge and she gave him an annoyed look. "What we had was just one night and it will never happen again."

"Now, that is not true." He dragged the tip of his tongue over the side of her neck took her earlobe into his mouth and nibbled softly. He smiled when he felt her tremble, part of her hated him, but she also wanted him. "I know I have to make up for the things I have done and I will, but I want to make something very clear." He pulled back a little so he could look into her eyes, their mouths were a breath apart. "You are mine, I will never allow anyone else to have you."