Chapter 9

Rhaenyra and her family get some news. Plans start being made. I hope you guys like it 🥰

In this story Viserys lived for longer than he did on the show.

2 months later.

The tightening in her chest refused to go away, she had a feeling of doom, like something horrible was about to happen. She had been waiting for Helaena's letter for a few days now and her aunt had not written her back. Darya was sure something was wrong because her aunt always answered her letters promptly. In the last letter Helaena had sent her, she spoke about how Aemond appeared to be happier and was looking forward to marrying her. Then a few days later everything had gone silent and she had not heard anything. Her grandmother was in Kings Landing, she had been visiting at the request of the king.

Darya entered the chamber of the painted table and found Joffrey there, looking at the map with a worried look on his face. Her mother entered through the opposite doors and approached him.

"There you are." She seemed to see he was worried but did not say anything and waited for him to talk.

Joffrey ran his hand over the piece of wood which marked Driftmark on the map. "The Sea Snake is going to die, isn't he?"

Her mother ran a hand over her belly. "Joffrey..."

"I cannot be the Lord of the Tides." Her brother interrupted before their mother could continue. "Grandsire was the greatest sailor who ever lived. I get green sick before the ship even leaves the harbor. I will just ruin everything. I do not want Driftmark, it should have passed on to Ser Vaemond."

Her mother did not look angry at his words. "We don't choose our destiny, Joffrey. It chooses us."

"Grandsire let you choose whether you would be his heir." Her brother was not backing down. "You told us so."

"Do you want to know the truth of it?" Her mother moved around the table until she was standing next to Joffrey. "I was frightened. I was four and ten and I was not ready to be the queen of the seven kingdoms. But, it was my duty and in time I came to understand I had to earn my inheritance."

Joffrey shook his head. "I am not like you."

"In what way, sweet boy?"

"I am not so..." He seemed to be lost for words for a moment. "Perfect."

"I am anything but." Her mother kissed Joffrey's head and gave him a smile. "My father looked after me and helped me to prepare for my duties. Your mother will do the same for you."

Her brother did not seem any calmer and just shook his head before leaving the room. Darya waited until he was gone before moving closer to her mother.

"He hates ships and always will." She gave her mother an amused smile. "I do not think you can teach him to love them."

Her mother shook her head. "He cannot give up his inheritance."

"Because that would mean you would lose Driftmark?" Darya loved her mother, she was the best mother she could have asked for. She was loving and caring, she enjoyed spending time with them and helping them with their problems. But she was not blind to her mother's mistakes. "Is it true what you told him? That you understood you had to earn your inheritance?"

"Of course." Her mother gave her a questioning look. "Why would you ask me that?"

"We have been called bastards since before I can remember. The man who raised me was not truly my father and the fact that Jace, Joffrey, and I are bastards is an open secret." Her mother had made them targets. "Did you realize you had to earn your inheritance after we were born?"