8. He is a Pink Flag

Tempting eyes
Filled with lies
Play dirty games
Which I kinda like

。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

Patiala, Punjab, India

Akaal's pov

I turn the knob of the main door of our apartment and see the lights were all off.

Junnu was sleeping in my arms with a chocolate in her hands as it was 11:00 p.m. and I actually asked the doctor for a full body check up.

Because I could see the wounds on her knees, but what if she had hurt her head too when she fell down? And the wound was not visible? Head injuries are very dangerous.

I lock the door and then go into Junnu's room.

It was a small pink coloured room, full of stuff toys.

Noor never wanted one, but I insisted.

This way I could even get my wife to myself.

The wife which I guess now would be angry.

But koi ni, mana lenge.

I place Junnu very carefully on the bed and tuck the blanket perfectly.

I keep her little stuffed elephant near to her and take out the chocolate from her hand and place it near her bed.

I bend down and kiss on her forehead.

"Papa is always here for you babygirl."

I turned the lights off and enter our room.

My beautiful wifey was sleeping soundly on our bed.

The moment I left for hospital, I had asked Sukhman to come down and help Noor to go upstairs.

I am not the type who would forget my wife for my daughter. They both are my whole life.

I just regret shouting "it is not just a scratch" and I hate myself cause she flinched for the first time infront of me.

I don't know but Junnu's wounds were making me go out of control and as a reflex I said that.

Like, she is my baby.

How could I see my little girl whom I have kept with so much love and care. Just like a precious jwell in cotton, getting hurt?

I still remember how I felt the day she was born.

Flashback (4 years ago)

I was sitting on the bed sewing little baby napkins that Noor had learnt in a DIY youtube video while she was in the washroom taking bath.

Old punjabi songs was the background.

Oo reshmi rumaal kudi khand da khedna
Magar fira bade chir da ne
Munda gut te patolea
Tera na likhvai firda ne
Munda gutt te patolea

She steps out of the washroom with her wet hair and wearing a long loose gown type pink coloured dress.

I look at her and start singing along the lyrics for her.

"Patt honiye pawade nave paaengi, nitt mundeyan de sir padwaengi"

(Oh beautiful lady, your prettiness will invite new conflicts, for which boys will even break each other's heads)

She was walking towards the living room when she heard this and instantly turned back when she heard the song!

"Lakk patla pattan di, bhari ne, pind tadeyan ch vand ta!"