6. Dost? Dost!

Chand sifarish
Jo karta hamaari
Deta vo tumko bata

。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

Patiala, Punjab, India

Author's pov

"A"

"B"

"C"

"E"

"Junnu!" Trish warns her while she sits on the couch in the balcony of their bedroom and Ajooni speaks the alphabets.

"D!" she says laughing.

"Yes very good! D" Trish says.

It was a pretty chill weather at 8:30 p.m. in the evening and Trish was enjoying while looking at the moon and the stars.

"Mumma mumma!" Ajooni says

"Hanji putt!" She says as Junnu grabs her attention.

"Mumma 'M', Moon 'M'" Ajooni says and starts laughing.

"Oooh 'M'' she says while weaving her hands in Ajooni's hair.

"M for Mumma, M for Moon!" Ajooni starts laughing because she feels like this is some kind of joke.

It's just little kids. They find joy in little things. Little coincidences. They find it curious and amazing.

"Ofcourse Junnu! Mumma is the Moon of our family." Akaal says while entering into the balcony with 2 plates in his hands.

Trish looks back and smiles when she sees him.

"F for food!" Junnu clapped her hands.

Akaal came and placed the food on the small table where Junnu had her little alphabets book with huge pictures of apple, ball, cat, etc.

Trish took the books and placed them on side so that Akaal could put on the food safely.

"Papa food!" Junnu clapped.

"Yes Food!" Akaal said with amusement as he smiled and pulled her cheek softly.

"What papa made??" She asks with curiosity and Trish make her sit alone with me on the couch and put on the little blanket on her.

"Yes yes what did Papa make?" Trishnoor mimics her.

Since now Trishnoor was not allowed to remain standing for longer period of times, as soon as they came back from hospital, Akaal announced himself as the incharge of cooking and doing dishes.

After an argument, he also agreed her to have a maid who would do the mopping and cleaning of the house.

"Maybe you don't think of me capable enough to pay for a maid so that my wife could rest when she is not well and is pregnant" he had said.

"Theek hai abhi gussa nahi karo na!"

And Trishnoor couldn't refuse him.

"So I have made someone's favourite dish today!!" said Akaal to which Ajooni started clapping.

Trish just looked at both of them while smiling.

He picked up the lid from the plates

"Andddd dhan tan nannn

I present you,

pav bhaji!!" He says dramatically.

"Woah! That so good!" Ajooni said.

Akaal caressed her cheek while his eyes were stuck on his Noor's.

"Kaisa laga? It's your favourite" he said to Trishnoor while picking up little Junnu and then sitting on couch and then making her sit on his lap.