Chapter 16: Seperation

He had planned on having a proper conversation with her but her attempt at escaping pushed him more to the edge, his nose flaring, he was out the door a sec after he dropped Lenora.

He was sure to catch up with her, grabbing her by her neck the moment he got close, he was so close to snapping that thin neck of hers, but in the heat of the moment, he remembered how nice she had been to Lenora. Even if it was a pretense, the little girl got the Love he wasn't able to properly give her.

  With her neck in his strong grip, he practically dragged her back towards the entrance of the house, across the wilderness like space and her fruitless struggles only made him tighten his grip.

  "I had...nothing to do....with this" She struggled to say, her legs kicking against the sands as she desperately tried to escape his grip.

Suddenly he dropped her to the floor and stepped on her right hand immediately after, incase she had thoughts of escaping.

  She almost coughed her lungs out, desperately trying to get air into her lungs, for she was close to seeing Death's door.

"Explain yourself now that you have the chance!" He demanded. He was furious but he didn't want it to blind him to the truth.

"I swear..." She wheezed, "I have nothing to do with this. I didn't...I didn't...I didn't know...Lenora was taken"

He watched her as she rested her back on the sand as though she was tired of struggling.

"I was wondering why they chose a rookie to come after me. Turns out your gaslighting skills is second to none" Blade sneered.

"You don't have to believe me" She whispered, her face turning to the sky.

He scoffed, "We both know you're lying"

She saw it was a lost battle. Whatever she said or was going to say was meaningless. She shouldn't have allowed him see her. She should have ran when she had the chance. At least she'd be able to keep her life.

"I saw you when you left marks along the way. I also saw the pigeons you sent out" He began, squatting so he could meet her at eye level, "But I intentionally ignored, hoping it was me you were after. Seeing how close Lenora was to you, I didn't want my prejudice against humanity get in the way of Lenora knowing what love was, so I allowed the closeness and ignored my instincts..." He trailed off.

He felt so pathetic trying to explain things to her. It was like he was trying to explain why he hadn't killed her, and that aroused the murderous instincts in him but he fought it back.

I also didn't know they were after Lenora - She thought as a tear escaped her left eye while she tried to suppress the feeling. She laid hopelessly on the floor.

He rose to his feet, taking his foot off her hand, and with a low voice he whispered, "Get lost. Don't let me ever see you again" The wind blew harder that his hair blocked his sight.

Because of that he didn't know where he kicked her, He just kicked her anywhere, so hard that she literally flew to the place where the logs of wood sat, hitting her back on the wood heavily, Forcing blood up her throat and out of her mouth.

He didn't share her another glance, walked inside, carried Lenora and left without another word. He just carried her and left every other thing behind including the traitor that was spared from death.

Her eyelids were fluttering shut even with the will power she was using to force it open.

As she watched his retreating back, she muttered to herself, "No wonder you're greatly feared. Even Laya's bodyguard couldn't stand a chance" She paused, pulling into her nostrils a large amount of air, her greed forcing her to cough some out.