#24

"Mom hurry!"I exclaimed when mom was getting the dinner ready.

"They will be here any moment"I said

"It's almost done!"

"Should I help?"

"No It's done!"

We were waiting for Wade's and mom had prepared enough food to last for a week but we got huge appetite so we might finish it .Wade's were our family friends.They lived in the town we used to live before shifting and ever since then our family got along.Even after we shifted we visited them so did they.The door bell rang,they were here!

I opened the door

"Kiara dear!You have grown into a beautiful girl"said Mrs Wade

"Thank you Mrs Wade,Its good to see you after so long."

"Hey this is the dress I gave you last Christmas ,you look gorgeous!"

"Oh so do you Mrs Wade"

"Oh sweetheart your such a cute little liar.You still don't know how to accept compliments."She winked.

Mrs Wade always treated me like her daughter ,she was very sweet and kind.I looked towards the door and saw him standing there.

"Oh I missed you so much."He said spreading his arms coming towards me so I raise my arms

"Mrs Stewart"he hugged mom.

Dezmond Wade!He always was unpredictable.He was my childhood friend and he was different than anyone. He had no logic ,he was least bothered with world ,he was caring and was fun.I looked at him.

He had rouge hair.He was fairly tall and skinny .He had tiny eyes and the most odd sense of dressing .Dez is funny, random and quirky. He is a really funny boy, random, crazy, awkward, sometimes disgusting, clumsy, honorable, silly and is a bit of a goofball.He is brutally honest.

"Dez How are you?"I asked

"Sweetie the adults are talking ."He said squeezing his eyes ,he unintentionally always made fun of me.

"C'mon Dez!"I chuckled and hugged him.

"Oh I know I can show you my tap dance!"

"N-oo-oo"I coughed

"Why don't we have dinner first?"I said distracting him.

He loved tap dancing but he was horrible at it.

We took our seats on the dinning table and started eating .

"I have a surprise to announce."said Mrs Wade.

We had our eyes wide open resting on her

"What is it?"I asked

"We are shifting here just right besides your house."She exclaimed.

"Mom you didn't tell me."Dez cried.

"Honey I told you"she said

"Oh then fine."

"Yipee!"I yelled

"There is more Kiara!"she said

"Dez will be joining you for High school in Marino High!"

"I always wanted to meet Mermaids"Dez

"Dez Mermaids are not real."I said

"I thought Zebra's are not real."He said.

"Dez Zebra's are real!"

"Poor girl she thinks zebra's are real."He said to mom.

"I can hear you Dez."

"Yes sure they are real."He said winking at mom.

This is what I meant he didn't have logic but sometimes he was very wise and other time he was ignorant.

"Never mind.Well I have my vacations so I am free let's go out tomorrow?"I said

"Yeah sure .How about we go for the new alien movie?"he asked

"Sure"I chuckled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the movie ,me and Dez had started hanging around more together when he finally shifted .I and Dez were in my room eating cookies.It's been a while since I met Ed and haven't heard from him .After exams he had went Germany for a business party arranged by his dad and I tried to contact him but couldn't reach him because of security(he had told me his dad was very particular about his security so it would be tough to contact directly ).

"Dez High school is starting in a week ,did you find all your stuffs ?"I asked

"Stuffs?"

"Did you try to find books after shifting?"I asked doubting he even gave a thought about his books

"Yeah that reminds me I can't find my panini from a week"

"Do you really need a panini for school?"

"Of course."He said with a duh.

The door opened.I shifted my gaze

"Kiara surprise!"It was Ed

"Eddiee!!!"I exclaimed

We hugged!

"Awww"Dez

"Thanks Dez"I said.

"Can you move aside I can't see the pictures."Dez said I moved aside

"Awww."He said looking at the picture of a puppy

"Anyways Ed this is Dez my childhood friend and Dez this is Ed my best friend."

"Nice to meet you"Ed said extending his hand.

"Oh me too."Dez grinned.