#5

I was really confused because I told Edward something I never told anyone not even Bella. My past was a sensitive subject to me and somehow I had managed to skip anyone from intervening about my past . I always had my guard up then what exactly made me have an exception that too for this guy I just met was an unsolved mystery .And my cerebration was interrupted while the car screeched .We had stopped right in front of my house .I looked at him tilting my head to the side ,I never gave him directions still he dropped me exactly in front of my place .I got out of the car quietly and stood there gazing at him trying to figure out .

"What is it?"he asked nonchalantly oblivious of my woe.

"I never gave you my address." I finally voiced my concern.

He got off the car pacing towards me .He stood in front of me rubbing the back of his neck.He took a deep breath and said"I am sorry .I am really very sorry" he continued"That evening when you said you would go alone I was worried since it was getting dark and I couldn't let you go alone so I followed you till your place just to make sure that you were safe. I am really sorry I wasn't stalking I had no such intentions ,I felt guilty I know it's wrong to follow a girl without her knowledge but this area is really isolated to be alone"

"I ...I am sorry don't apologize please...but you don't have to do this... ...Look I am fine on my own..You don't have to take so much trouble "I said choking on my words . It was so thoughtful of him and this was the last thing I would have anticipated,"I am .."

"Kiara," I spotted a glimmer of solemnity in his eyes " It's anything but trouble trust me ."It was as if he wanted to say something, he ran his fingers through his hair messing it up in a really captivating way. "Aren't we friends ?"he held my shoulder and looked at me intently searching for the answer in my eyes .The look he held was guileless I wanted to trust him but something with in won't let me.

"Kiara .You are home so early?"My mom called me out,"Didn't you go to the movie ..Is he Edward?"she said when she spot Edward

Edward turned around straightening his posture .He greeted mom and told her what had happened"Oh dear are you okay Kiara? "Mom asked hugging me with concern ,I nodded"Edward why don't you come in and have some coffee with us" she asked pulling away.

My mom loves to invite people . She can invite anyone anytime ,Oh trust me on this ,she even invited the Milkman when she learned he was Indian

"No Mrs. Stewart it is fine .I just came here to drop Kiara .I'll leave now"

"You saved my daughter please I insist"my mom said dramatically .Seriously she needs to stop watching those Bollywood movies they are taking a toll on her.

"Okay but I didn't save her she is a brave girl" said Edward looking at me with a plastered closed mouth grin but it wasn't fake."Thank you for inviting me"He said while following mom inside.

"Edward have a seat. I'll get you snacks" she said pointing towards the couch

While mom left we sat quietly .She came after some time with coffee, biscuits, cookies wafers and samosas(It is an Indian dish .It is triangular in shape and has mash potato and peas filling in it).Indians just love food and so do I.I am an Indian at heart .I was very proud of being an Indian .And right now I felt really hungry,so I was about to sneak in the kitchen when mom caught me.

"Kiara !Your friend is home and your leaving .Don't you want to talk, since when did you forget your manners!"she said raising her brow .

"I am tired mom .Can I go to my room?" I asked mom .

"Oh that's a great idea .Take Edward in your room"and she turned towards Edward and said"Make yourself comfortable if you want anything let me know"

Seriously ! How can she let her only daughter with a complete stranger alone between four walls!

Can't blame her , this was the first time any of my friend came home besides Bella and not to mention a guy .

"Thank you Mrs. Stewart."he said quietly with a vibrant smile .

I lead him towards my room upstairs ,it was right next to the stairs .I grabbed the knob and opened the door and held out for him to enter , it's hospitality my mom taught me when I was a child . My room was sky blue and white in color , light colors are peaceful .It had a study table near the french balcony with my PC on it , my bed was in the middle of the room which was dressed in sea blue bedsheets and a table lamp on the side table with a book shelf beside it which was reaching the ceiling. The ceiling had neon stars and moon stickers on it which shined in the dark. My room wasn't big but it was bright and good enough for me. There were some pictures of me and grandpa that hung on wall. My grandfather loved taking pictures ,I had a whole carton of albums in the attic .I was now feeling embarrassed to bring him in my room. I didn't like showing my picture to anyone.

"Have a seat"I said pointing towards the bed trying to be subtle .He sat and was smiling while having a look into my room especially gazing at the walls.

"You look pretty and damn cute in these pictures."he said mirthfully

"Hmm" trying to avoid further conversation on the topic

"So you like reading it seems"he said

"Yes. I like reading" this was probably the biggest sentence I had acknowledged him with.

"Hey is that your grandpa?"he asked pointing towards a picture of me and him ,where he was ruffling my hair and I was smiling ear to ear.

I kept silent .I don't know why thinking about grandpa always made me upset I cherished the memories I had with him but the epiphany of his absence broke me apart. It really felt like a sting in my heart. I pursed my lips so that I don't cry again , though its been a while since he passed I had not moved on , I ran from it. He came towards me raised my chin making me look into his eyes. Something about his embrace was comforting and oddly familiar .

" I am sorry I didn't mean it that way, I forgot....I ....I am sorry"I could his emerald eyes ,they had a soft glare and made me melt every time I looked into them. Anyone can trust this guy seeing his alluring eyes.

"Edward do you want anything"Mom said interrupting our space, making me come out of my trance.

"No I am leaving now.Thank you Mrs. Stewart."

"Already! Wait for sometime.Have something .Do you want sweets or candies or ice cream?"my mom said

"No Mrs. Stewart that is really sweet of you.But I will come later now I have to leave"

"Okay.But do visit sometimes .Kiara will also be glad "

"Sure.Thank you for everything .It was nice to meet you"

"Yes it was a pleasure meeting you "

I was quiet the whole time , I was too embarrassed to say anything .In all this chaos I forgot about Bella .I thought I will call her after taking shower. I went for a replenishing shower . After coming back from the shower I found Bella sitting on my bed.