6 -Recruitment Begins

Pizza Cookie found herself in a rather odd predicament. She had to go to an abandoned castle in the middle of Earthbread to deliver a pizza... for some odd reason.

She nervously approached the massive door of the castle...

"It'll be fine.... it'll be fine..."

She kept telling herself. She tried to keep calm, but in reality, she was terrified. She banged on the door, and waits a few seconds before it swings open, and Licorice Cookie, with those red eyes and lines, walks out.

Licorice Cookie: I'm assuming you're delivering for my leige, Avarius Cookie?

Pizza Cookie: Uh.. yeah... that's like, what it said on the order...

She hands the box to him, and Licorice Cookie gives her a good handful of coins, and quite a lot, before slamming the massive door shut.

Pizza Cookie: Woah... I can have this much? Okay... but I don't have the best feeling about that guy... or whoever his 'leige' is.

(Author's Note: Keep this scene in mind for later! It'll come in handy in how our heroes discover where Avarius Cookie dwells!)

Pure Vanilla Cookie had started to find cookies who could possibly help. A few were almost immediately acceptant of this offer, those being Knight, Capsaicin, Kouign-Amann, Alchemist, Vampire, and Royal Marguine Cookie. Though, he was having trouble finding more. That was, until R. Marguine Cookie approached him.

Royal Marguine Cookie: Pure Vanilla Cookie. I think I have a way to help.

Pure Vanilla Cookie: Please, elaborate your plan.

What R. Marguine Cookie explained, was that he had some cookies on his mind that he thought would be a good help.

That Afternoon, Pure Vanilla Cookie & Royal Marguine Cookie were off, going to the cookies R. Marguine had mentioned. First of 5, was one who lived on a small island near the duskgloom sea. Their boat docked by the harbor on the island, and Pure Vanilla walked to the home on it.

Before he could even knock, a purple cookie, wearing slightly darker purple boots, trench coat, and pants, opened the door, as if expecting them.

???: So... you're Pure Vanilla Cookie? I haven't see you, but have indeed heard of you.

Said the Cookie, in a stern and calm voice

Pure Vanilla Cookie: Why yes, I am. I'm here to ask for help. May I ask of your name, and/or occupation?

???: The name's Sour Grape Cookie. I'm an assassin that can skip segments of time by exactly 0.1 seconds, thanks to training under Timekeeper Cookie. Now what do you need help with? Need me to kill someone, donate to a charity?

Pure Vanilla Cookie was quite surprised to hear that this Cookie was an assasin. Nonetheless, he explains what he needs help with.

Sour Grape Cookie: So... you need help with defeating a cookie who can control others, become them and is much more powerful than they look?

Pure Vanilla Cookie: Mhm. They have about 10 followers as of now.

Sour Grape Cookie: ... you know what? Count me in.

Sour Grape Cookie joins the two on the boat, and as they sail along, they unknowingly sail into the Duskgloom Sea, which catches the attention of a certain Black Pearl Cookie...

The waves increase in intensity, and thunder strikes around. Sour Grape Cookie is much less fazed by this, unlike Pure Vanilla and R. Marguine Cookie. Then, Black Pearl Cookie emerges from the water...

"WHO DARES ENTER MY REA-"

Sour Grape Cookie: Done making an entrance? You don't need to do it every time.

He says, smirking. This obviously makes her mad, and she goes into her smaller Cookie form, and gets up in his face.

Black Pearl Cookie: H- how dare you try and interrupt me, Assasin! I am the sovereign of the duskgloom sea, and I feel as if I need some kind of respect!!

Sour Grape Cookie: Heh. We've talked before, so I can. And it looks like you're getting soft. It looks like you need a fight to warm up again.

Black Pearl Cookie can't think of a response, and just leans onto him, letting him put an arm around her. R. Marguine Cookie and Pure Vanilla Cookie have no idea how Sour Grape is this calm around a destructive sovereign, and how he's making her act like this.

R. Marguine Cookie: Wha-?! How... how on Earthbread are you so calm?! And how are you making her like you?!

Sour Grape Cookie: Let's just say I have this certain charm to me. Anyway, I think it's best if you just join us, Black Pearl Cookie. I'll explain it all while we're sailing.

Black Pearl Cookie nods, but is still salty that he interrupted her 'entrance.' She snaps her fingers, and the sea returns to normal. Pure Vanilla Cookie is more than confused, but lets her come along, pulling the sails back up.

R. Marguine Cookie pulls out the paper he brought, which had the names of cookies he had in mind. He scratches off one he realizes might not be so helpful, and replaced it with Black Pearl Cookie, and put a check next to it. The name he erased? They were Beet Cookie.

"Sorry Beet, but we found someone way more helpful."

He mumbles to himself...

Pure Vanilla Cookie takes note of how far out at sea they are, and realizes it may take longer than expected to get recruits...