I've been struggling a bit. ⏯ Z.M.

The sun was setting behind the London skyline, casting a warm orange glow over the city. Inside their shared apartment, the members of One Direction gathered in the living room. Zayn Malik sat quietly on the couch, his usually vibrant eyes clouded with a distant look.

Harry, Liam, Louis, and Niall exchanged worried glances as they noticed Zayn picking at his dinner, barely eating anything.

"Lads, I think we need to talk," Liam said, breaking the uneasy silence.

Zayn looked up, startled, his eyes flickering with a mixture of emotions. "What about?" he asked, trying to sound casual.

Harry took a deep breath. "We've noticed you haven't been eating much lately, Zayn. Are you okay?"

Zayn's shoulders tensed, and he looked down at his plate, unable to meet his bandmates' concerned gazes. "I'm fine, just not hungry," he muttered.

Louis shook his head. "Zayn, we're your mates. You can talk to us. We're here for you."

After a moment of silence, Zayn let out a heavy sigh. "Okay, fine. Maybe... I - I've been struggling a bit," he admitted quietly.

The room fell silent as the weight of Zayn's confession settled in. Liam was the first to speak up. "What do you mean, struggling?"

Zayn hesitated, his throat feeling tight. "I... I've been struggling with food, alright? It's... it's complicated."

Niall frowned, his heart sinking at the realisation of what Zayn was implying. "Are you saying you have an eating disorder?"

Zayn nodded, feeling a rush of relief and fear wash over him. "Yeah. I didn't want to worry anyone, but I guess you've noticed anyway."

Harry reached out and placed a hand on Zayn's shoulder. "We're here for you, Zayn. Always."

Days turned into weeks, and the boys of One Direction rallied around Zayn, offering their unwavering support. They attended therapy sessions with him, cooked nutritious meals together, and made sure he never felt alone in his battle against his eating disorder.

But despite their best efforts, there were moments when Zayn struggled. One evening, as they sat down for dinner, Zayn's hands trembled as he stared at his plate.

"You okay, mate?" Louis asked, noticing the sudden change in Zayn's demeanour.

Zayn forced a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Yeah, just not feeling too hungry tonight."

Liam frowned, recognising the telltale signs of Zayn's inner turmoil. "Zayn, you need to eat. You know that."

Zayn's chest tightened with anxiety as he pushed the food around his plate, unable to take a single bite. "I'm trying, I really am. But it's hard."

Harry leaned forward, his voice soft but firm. "We're here to help you, Zayn. You don't have to go through this alone."

Tears welled up in Zayn's eyes as he looked around at his bandmates, overwhelmed by their unwavering support. "I know, and I'm grateful. It's just... some days are harder than others."

Niall reached out and squeezed Zayn's hand reassuringly. "We'll get through this together, mate. One step at a time."

As the weeks passed, Zayn's recovery was a journey filled with ups and downs. There were days when he felt strong and in control, and others when the darkness threatened to consume him once again.

But through it all, the boys of One Direction remained by his side, offering words of encouragement, lending a listening ear, and reminding him of his worth and strength.

One evening, as they gathered in the living room after dinner, Zayn felt a familiar wave of anxiety wash over him. His hands shook as he struggled to contain the overwhelming urge to restrict his food intake.

Liam noticed the subtle change in Zayn's demeanour and immediately stepped in. "Hey, Zayn, you doing alright?"

Zayn bit his lip, his heart racing with fear and uncertainty. "I... I don't know. I'm trying, but it's so hard."

Louis placed a comforting hand on Zayn's shoulder. "We know it's hard, mate. But you've come so far. You're stronger than you think."

Zayn let out a shaky breath, feeling the weight of his bandmates' words sink in. "I just... I don't know if I can do this anymore."

Harry knelt in front of Zayn, his eyes filled with determination. "Yes, you can. We believe in you, Zayn. You're not alone in this."

Niall wrapped his arms around Zayn, pulling him into a tight hug. "We're here for you, mate. Always."

And in that moment, surrounded by the unwavering love and support of his bandmates, Zayn found the strength to keep fighting, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, he would never have to face them alone.