Just a bit of fun. ⏯ Z.M.

The laughter echoed through the tour bus as four members of One Direction huddled together, plotting their latest prank. Niall's mischievous grin set the tone for the evening's mischief.

"Alright, lads, here's the plan," Niall said, barely able to contain his excitement. "We're going to pretend Zayn doesn't exist for the entire day."

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Ignoring Zayn? That seems a bit harsh, doesn't it?"

Louis shrugged. "It's just a bit of fun, Haz. Zayn will get over it. Plus, he's always teasing us. It's time for a little payback."

Liam nodded in agreement. "Let's do it then. But remember, it's all in good fun. We don't want to hurt Zayn's feelings."

With their plan in place, the boys went about their day, intentionally avoiding any interaction with Zayn. They laughed and joked amongst themselves, casting occasional glances in Zayn's direction to see his reaction. But Zayn seemed oblivious, lost in his own thoughts.

As the day wore on, Zayn couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. He watched as his bandmates whispered and laughed, but whenever he tried to join in, they quickly changed the subject or walked away. A sense of unease settled in his stomach, but he brushed it off, chalking it up to exhaustion from their hectic schedule.

But as the hours passed, Zayn's fatigue deepened, and a heavy sadness settled over him. He felt disconnected from the group, like an outsider looking in. Every ignored attempt at conversation, every sideways glance, only served to deepen his despair.

By the time they reached their next stop, Zayn was physically and emotionally drained. He retreated to his bunk in the tour bus, seeking solace in the darkness. But even there, he couldn't escape the nagging feeling of loneliness.

It wasn't until later that evening, when the boys had finished their performance and returned to the bus, that Zayn's bandmates realised the extent of their prank gone wrong. They found Zayn curled up in his bunk, silent tears streaking his cheeks.

"Zayn, mate, what's wrong?" Liam asked, his voice filled with concern.

Zayn sniffled, wiping away his tears. "I don't know... I just... I've been feeling so tired and sad lately, and then today... I thought you were all ignoring me on purpose..."

The guilt washed over the boys like a tidal wave. They hadn't realized the toll their prank would take on Zayn, especially given his already fragile state.

"I'm so sorry, Zayn," Niall said, his voice thick with emotion. "We were just trying to have some fun, but we didn't realize how much it would hurt you."

Zayn looked up at his bandmates, his eyes red-rimmed and vulnerable. "It's okay... I know you didn't mean it. But I think... I think I need some time alone for a bit."

The boys nodded understandingly, giving Zayn the space he needed. As they watched him retreat to his bunk, they vowed to never let their pranks go too far again. They may be a band of brothers, but they were also friends, and no joke was worth hurting each other over.