CH18

D-2.

"Do you notice anything strange these days?"

Hyun Je-Ha's disappointed tone could be heard in his voice. He suddenly stopped hearing from him and waited for another call.

"You changed since I asked to postpone our engagement."

Kang Ha-Joon listened to Hyun Je-Ha without changing his expression.

"There were days when the phone was cut off in the middle, and no matter how busy you were, you didn't get in touch for more than two days."

Hyun Je-Ha repeatedly took the cup of coffee and put it down.

"And then you suddenly appeared...... You're saying you can't get engaged?"

The voice that rose toward the end was distorted. He had only been excited a few times, but today his mood kept rising. Hyun Je-Ha mumbled, holding himself back from raising his voice.

"If you have something to say, say it."

"I don't think I can get married."

Hyun Je-Ha accepted the offer, but Kang Ha-Joon unintentionally blew it. Hyun Je-Ha was entirely correct. He had a right to not care about him, and he had a right to come since he believed he could not get engaged and married in such a way.

"Why can't you do it? I asked you to postpone our engagement because you needed some time. I didn't mean to make it like this."

Hyun Je-Ha asked while looking at Kang Ha-Joon with eyes that had a lot to say.

"Is it because I couldn't protect you at that time? You know, I'm having a hard time too..."

"It's not like that."

"It's not because I'm studying abroad?"

"Yes."

Hyun Je-Ha asked again to confirm, but he still didn't seem to understand.

So far, Kang Ha-Joon has liked everything about Hyun Je-Ha.

"That was a hard time for you and for me. I don't have to comment any more."

His voice came out calmly as if the matter really had nothing to do with Kang Ha-Joon.

"Then why?"

Hyun Je-Ha, unable to control his annoyance, asked, but Kang Ha-Joon didn't easily give an answer. Hyun Je-Ha took up and set down the cup of coffee.

He is no longer able to properly appreciate his coffee. In addition, he was curious as to why Kang Ha-Joon had taken that action. What was the cause?

"Do you have someone else?"

"......."

Hyun Je-Ha, who knows Kang Ha-Joon's personality well, smiled enthusiastically. He wishes he could say no, even if it's a lie.

"It must have been nice when you asked me to postpone our engagement. It was all a charade to act like you were worried about your father."

What happened to him could have happened to others. Hyun Je-Ha stopped after letting out a dry smile.

Hyung Je-ha, who was lost in thought while tapping his fingertips, turned his gaze towards Kang Ha-Joon. Overall, he appears to have a cool appearance, but if you look closely, he has delicate features. He has a face that doesn't look like it was created haphazardly, but his physique is good and his abilities are outstanding.

It wasn't just that. He has a friendly personality and was kind to him. And most of all...... His pheromone was the only one. He thought he was the only alpha for him since he couldn't accept pheromones from other alpha.