Chapter Twenty-One: An Act of Treason

Henry looked over to his Addy who glided her hand over her slightly swollen stomach making him smirk that he got her again.
Just this morning he saw another piece of evidence at his love and desire for his Addy, he had many children by his Addy and none of them lost as of yet.
He could not control the possessiveness  when every he saw her and it was worse when she was with child, he had the Seymours were he wanted them and had his Addy approval if he wanted Jane as a mistress but he felt no need.
He brought his hand to her swelling belly feeling his unborn child grow inside his love.
He had so many boys with Addy and one girl, he loved his Odette, she was his starlight but he very much wanted another girl, he was brought out of his thoughts when there was a light knock on the door which told Henry it was time to leave.
He bent down kissed Addy before leaning to her belly.

"Be good for your mother."

He then kissed her belly before kissing her lips again then getting dressed and leave the room, he had to know of Cromwells progress.
Henry walked to a room and saw Thomas waiting for him then informed Henry of the talk he had with Chapuys regarding Anne.
He also heard of Anne slander of his bedding skill, he was fustrated with it but he knew Addy would tell him different and the number of childern they have.

It was a few weeks later that Chapuys arrived at court, when Henry entered with Anne, Chapuys barely bowed to Anne who was plan faced just as Adelaide did a small curtsey.
Anne noticed the Chapuys acknowledged Adelaide more and then when she ask Henry she felt dread that Henry just shrugged it off.

When they have the feast later that night Henry was watching his Addy and Odette dancing on the floor with each other making others smile at them at the sight, Adelaide was were a looser dress to hide her growing bump before Charles came over and took Odette for a spin while her father danced with her.

"It seems the Boleyns are starting to panic and sweet talk Chapuys."

"Yes, they will not get far."

Adelaide smiled at her father who spun her around, she noticed Anne talking to the ambassador of Milan.
She indicated for her father to walk them over a little to listen, just when she heard Anne spurning the French which had Adelaide wincing.
To do some damage control Adelaide followed the French ambassador and Milan, she talked to them apologising for the uncouth behaviour of their queen then went on to talk about relations for the future which had hem both smiling at her when they suddenly heard shouting.
Adelaide was concerned when he gripped Chapuys and starting shouting thst he must accept Queen Anne but she saw her father looking relaxed so she pushed it to the back of her mind because if her father was not concerned that she would not be either.

It was later that night Charles came to Henry to give a report of some of his findings.
He gave a report of the queen's behaviour, then about the evidence he had found and a new plot by Anne to kill Adelaide.
They had also removed Edward Seymour, he had a 'riding' accident a day ago and his family should receive the news within the week.

It was a few days later that he called his privy council with regards to these acts of treason.
He chose Mr Rich and Mr Cromwell to head a commission to publicly investigate these offences be true, he knew he already head the evidence but he needed to make a spectacle out of it which they accepted.
He left the room after that and went to find his family which he found in the royal garden smiling with Odette flying a kite making him smile when they all turned and that smile got even bigger, he knew this would be his life from no on and could not wait.
He was glad he sent Jane away because he would not call her again.

*Normal POV*

I looked at my daughter with a smile when I heard foot steps approach, I looked over to see my Henry walking towards us.
He came and sat next to me as we looked on with our daughter playing and ours sons laughing at her failed attempts which resulted in an adorable pout.

"I will be free soon"

I almost spit out my drink when I turn to Henry who was smiling at me with a smirk.

"Pardon"

"I will be free soon, I want to make you my wife Adelaide."

"Yes Henry."

I looked at him with joy making him return it, he pulled me close before we carried on watching some of our family.

It was four days later that several men were arrested for different reasons but all related to Anne.
I had heard rumors of Anne desperately trying to get Henry to listen to her, Henry had instructed for guards to take Elizabeth so she can stay with her siblings at Alden estate in the midlands but I did not want her to be around such rumors or talk.
When Anne was taken to the tower things happened very quickly, even for me but I did feel sorry for her to some extent
She had over reached her herself and I know fate was not going to be on her side, I had heard her of her shouting when she was taken to the tower declaring her innocence but she also screamed like a mad woman at one point,it was conflicting reports.
I had met with Thomas and a priest who was leading the reformation, he was worried thst I would try to change the faith but I reassured him that I would not and was also in support of it and thought it would be good idea.

Henry came to me a few days ago for comfort after he cried in front of Charles about learning some of the horrors she was going to commit, including wiping out my own family but was thankful stopped.
Henry asked I not go to the execution as he did not want the stress effecting me or thr baby so I accepted it as I did not want to stress him out more but my father went with Charles to make sure it was carried out.