Chapter Thirteen: The Beginning of the break

It has been less than a year since the sweating sickness hit, Catherine knew she would have to deal with Henry, especially after her confession that she was his true wife.
She knew she would be punished by God for lying but Arthur told her to do it, he said to go for his brother to protect herself and taking the man of another woman did not make her feel any less guilty but she did fall in love with him.
She went to her daughter after that to talk to her before she had to leave.

"Mary"

Young Mary looked towards her and she smiled before pulling her into a hug then she saw young William bow to her with a smile which Catherine returned, she knew that boy would be a good king and that he loved Mary as she was his full sister.

"I must speak with you, Mary, you may stay, William."

The others left but William and Mary stayed, she sat them down then looked at them both, she saw how similar they looked and it warmed her heart that William spent so much time with them and learned from Catherine everything he could, she respected that about him.

"I must tell you a great secret Mary, one you must tell no one, till it is time."

Mary nodded to her mother.

"You know your Auntie Addy, well....she always meant to marry you papa but because of me, I took him as my husband instead but what I was unaware to my great shame was that your papa already took his right to her as her future husband and gave her twins boys. So your grandparents decided with my blessing that if I was unable to provide your papa with a son, then these boys would be declared his heir and spare. They went to Rome to see the pope and had them and any child she bore your papa as legitimate and they also made it into law here with my seal as well but  she married another man who was paid well to pretend to be their father to keep them safe and to respect me."

"Does she love Father? I have brothers."

"Yes, my darling, William is one of those boys."

Mary looked at William and smiled before jumping at him with a giggle and it made Catherine smile knowing that her daughter was happy to have siblings but she could see that William looked happier that Mary finally knew before she got their attention.

"Now, this is very important. You must not tell anyone till the king does. He still regonised William as his heir at the moment but we do not know what this witch Boleyn has over your father, if he left me I would want it to be at least someone worth such as your mother William. So it has caused me great concern."

"It has me concerned as well aunt Catherine, I pray for you in this dark time and know that my mother sends her love as well and that we will do all we can to protect Mary and you."

It warmed Catherine heart to know that William thought of her as such a female figure, and she knew that he would be an even better king than his father for the time she got to truly know him.

"You must protect each other and your siblings."

They all hugged each other and took solice in each other.

*Hampton Court*

Henry was slowly moving his pieces around the court, he has called Brandon back to court after moving Thomas to seek Charles help to remove Wolsey.
He knew the pope would not allow his marriage to end, but no matter how much he did not like it, he wanted Addy as his wife and Catherine out of the way by using Anne.
Addy, of course, did not know this part of his plan. He just asked her to trust him, and she did.
She gave him four sons....FOUR, and when he left her three months prior, he thought he left another son or daughter in her womb.
He loves his little girl. She was his image and would have a dowry that could rival the Medici family.
He was going to allow her to choose her husband when she was older, something he gave no others, but she was the daughter he had with Addy. She would get more choices.
He wanted to make sure that no one could contest his children from Addy.

At the top of the audience balcony over looking at the ball from Cardinal from Rome to look over the kings matter, and a Spanish ambassador was speaking.

"I am new to his court,Who are here men talking with the king?"

"Lord Rochford, Mistress Boleyn father, Lord Norfolk is her uncle, and like the Duke of Suffolk, they are Wolsey sworn enemies, and everyone at court knows it."

"Yet the king still loves himself?"

"Not as much as before perhaps, but the Cardinal should never be underestimate."

The visiting Cardinal was deep in thought. He knew Queen Catherine would never admit to anything and only told him of one person she would accept in her place, but it was not Mistress Boleyn.

"Can I ask what you think of the kings matter?"

"It is not secret that the Emperor is outraged at the king behavior towards the queen and I can tell you in the strikest of confidence that he has written to his holiness demanding the matter be settled in Rome not here."

"You do not seek to interfere in any other way."

They spoke about the matter more before going to different ways.
Henry spoke with Margaret with regards to Anne, Margarettelling him that Anne was not worth it, but Henry dismissed her. He knew she was not worth it, but Addy was.

A few days later, Henry tried to guilt trip Catherine into agreeing to the annulment, but she refused as he knew she would.
He used the time to woo Anne and let her think she was wooing him. He did enjoy teasing her but would always pretend she was Addy.
He could tell she was using her body to try and convince him that it was Wolsey and he let it because he needed this so he could blame Anne at a later date.
Henry did feel bad for the man but he was getting in the way and insulting his Addy but he used the new man Mr Cromwell and informed him of his ultimatum to the pope then sent Duke of Suffolk to France to ask about the Cardinals, he wanted to make sure he had more evidence.

It was five months later, he got his confirmation from Cromwell and knew that he would have to break from the church but this was only helping, he knew his grandmother would be turning in her grave but he ignored it.
When the trial date arrived, he walked and greeted his people but what shocked him was when he saw Addy smiling at him which he returned and was being greeted with praise from all his people then shortly after Catherine came in as well.
Henry could see Addy hiding near the back, and he had to fight not to look at her. He did not want to draw Boleyn attention to her.
He gave a speech and then looked at the foreign Cardinal at the last part, then Catherine gave her speech, which Henry ignored. He was furious with her when she kneeled in front of him.
He did not love her. He cared for her but wanted her to slink off, but she kept refusing, and then she walked off, ignoring the caller.
Henry used this, though, against Wolsey, then left.