Chapter Three: Angry Henry

I was walking with Charles to keep up with Henry. His uncle in all but direct blood was murdered in Italy by the French, and Henry was livid about it.
We entered the council room, and I could see Cardinal Wolsey with the Lord Norfolk and a few others.
They hated having me there but said not a word because of who I was and my very secure position at court.
Everyone, even Henry, knew how loyal was I, my king, and that would never change.
He was the godfather to my sons, and he doted on them enough to make most think they were his.

"I think you ought to remember it was his uncle they murder"

"The king."

"My lords."

"We meet to consider questions of great moment. The king of France has demonstrated to the world his aggressive policies."

Lord Norfolk used this to mention with Charles also talking.

"He's already overrun five or six city-states in Italy."

"He's a throat to every Christian nation in Europe... ..yet he bullies the pope into declaring him Defender of the Faith."

"On top of that, to prove that nobody can touch him... .. he has our ambassador in Urbino.....and my uncle.....m*rder in cold blood."

We are all silent at this but carry on listening to Henry.

"My lords.....I believe these are all just causes for war."

I could see the Cardinal trying to think of a way out of this without war, he was so heavily in French pockets it would not be surprising.

"Your Majesty is certainly right. You have every reason to prosecute a war."

Henry slammed his hands of the table before looking at him with anger.

"I warned you a year ago about French ambitions."

Norfolk then decided to add fuel to the fire and was not impressed by the situation but he was a stuck up git.

"It has taken this personal tragedy for Your Majesty to accept my word."

I looked at him with distaste but spoke.

"Be careful how you speak Norfolk........Buckingham."

"I agree with my lord, Buckingham. The king of England.....has an ancient and historic right to the French throne......which the Valois have usurped. It's high time we kicked them out.We should attack France with all our might."

"Yes."

"What say you, Wolsey?"

"I concur with Your Majesty. These are indeed just causes."

"What say you Lady Alden?"

"I shall gather my forces your Majesty."

"Good."

"Then it is settled. We are to war with France."

"Yes."

"Your Eminence will make all the arrangements."

"Now..."

We talked about preparations for our soldiers and also showed them the maps of France and all the best places to attack and to fortify what we had to do to try and attack France from more than one side a lot of the men in the room seemed very disturbed with my tacticious mind but I choose to ignore them and carry on putting my input as I know Henry didn't mind.
Henry left soon after, and I chuckled and then looked at Charles.