Chapter 8

3rd Person POV
They have all made to the last possible location the ominous heart has flown to: Sacred Square.

"Judging by the ruins, this place really does live up to the name: 'Sacred Square'," (Y/N) said.

"You're not lying," Goh said. "I wonder what's so important about this place..." He then stopped to think about its importance. Ash noticed that Goh stopped walking and called out to him.

"Goh! C'mon! Hurry up! We're leaving!" He shouted. Goh snapped out of his thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, right! Coming!" Goh said as he rushed up to the others. They all waited for him to catch up and moved along.

*timeskip*

The road they were currently taking is longer than they expected. This, in turn, will make finding the dark heart more difficult than it already is.

Luckily, they've encountered another pedestal with a different flag pattern. It appears to represent a new Friend Action. Right before Kirby was able to get on, Ash began making a suggestion.

"Look, I know we get to see Kirby and Dedede use it a couple of times, but I'm just wondering... What would happen if me, (Y/N), Goh, and Pikachu used it?" He said.

"Y'know, I'm was kinda wonderin' about that myself. So, why don' you try it?" King Dedede suggested.

So, the four of them got on top of the pedestal together. However, unlike what happens with King Dedede and Kirby, nothing. Nothing happened. The four of them looked at each other, confused.

"Is something supposed to happen?" (Y/N) asked. Kirby was confused about this as well. He got on the pedestal to find out why, but suddenly, it activated. Mystical energies formed around to create... the Friend Star.

"No way..." (Y/N) said in disbelief. She couldn't believe her eyes that she's actually using a Friend Action. Goh was in pure shock, and Ash and Pikachu were super ecstatic. As Kirby was about to make the Friend Star move, (Y/N) created a bubble around King Dedede to make him come along.

*timeskip*

While everyone is flying on the Friend Star, a wave of enemies started to appear before them. Kirby began to attack them by shooting little stars from the Friend Star.

The enemies fell one by one due to his projectile attacks. Kirby then lets (Y/N) get in the front. (Y/N) wasn't expecting this to happen. She was struggling a bit. But she then realized how it works. She started to shoot at the enemies herself, which worked out successfully.

Suddenly, as they kept moving forward, the Friend Star disappeared, leaving the group to travel underground.

"Wow. It's a shame that it had to end, but riding the Friend Star was a lot of fun!" Ash exclaimed. "Pika, Pika!" Pikachu said in agreement. Suddenly, they see a mysterious figure standing on a hill. He doesn't seem to be facing them.

"Grab the sword, Kirby," he said. It was as if he was waiting for Kirby to come here.

To be continued...