However, as soon as he started running, he was overtaken. Surprised but comforting himself that he could catch up, he was quickly overtaken by another. Stunned, the student realized he was falling behind. After about ten minutes, the coach announced the results: "First, Shang Yufei! Second, Mu Sihan!"

The time difference between first and second place was only a fraction of a second. The teacher recorded the time and, looking at the students who arrived late, lamented their lack of effort with the phrase, "Are the rest of you not eating?* There's such a huge gap!" The others, gasping for breath, caught up and collapsed on the ground after crossing the finish line. In their effort to minimize the gap, they took on too much.

Afterwards, whether it was running, long jump, or combat, it was almost exclusively a competition between Shang Yufei and Mu Sihan. The team leader was very pleased but still urged the members of group B to keep up. Compared to the harmonious and friendly progress of other groups, the training in group B was intense as if they were injected with a dose of adrenaline.

During the rest period, Xu Chengdong witnessed this scene and couldn't help but wipe his face: "Group leader, I'm glad I was assigned to be with you." By the end of the day, the members of group B were utterly exhausted, sitting on the ground in despair. The team leader nodded frequently.

"Everyone made quick progress today, pushing beyond their limits. Let's continue tomorrow!" Upon hearing this, the members who were sitting on the ground immediately collapsed again.

At dusk, with the sun half-hidden below the horizon, Shang Yufei pushed his bangs up, his forehead already sweaty. "Hard work," a male voice came from behind. He turned around and saw Bai Yue.

Bai Yue, holding two bottles of water, handed one over. Then, looking around and seeing Mu Sihan squatting nearby, tying his shoelaces, he walked over and bent down to offer the bottle: "Here."

Mu Sihan paused, not immediately taking it, but looked up instead. His ice-blue eyes reflected the orange sunset. Bai Yue placed the water bottle at his feet and stood up: "There are still more than ten days of intensive training, you guys are pushing too hard."

Mu Sihan didn't say a word.

When Bai Yue returned to Shang Yufei's side, he had just put down his water bottle, wiping the water stain from the corner of his mouth.

Bai Yue said, "He just doesn't like to talk, that's all."

Shang Yufei frowned and glanced at the boy not far away. The latter picked up a water bottle from the ground, staring at its label, lost in thought.

He shifted his gaze away. "It's not about that."

"Isn't it?" Bai Yue smiled. "I thought you were angry because he ignored you when you tried to talk to him."

Shang Yufei felt annoyed. "Am I that childish?"

Even if he would get angry for such a reason, it would only be with Bai Yue. He couldn't care less about anyone else's attitude.

Bai Yue was just joking.

Seeing that the atmosphere had lightened a bit, he said, "Even if we don't have to become friends, why be so antagonistic?"
Shang Yufei remained silent, his fingers unconsciously clenching tight.

It was a subtle feeling that Bai Yue might not understand. This content is provided by Situ Web for online reading.

But just looking at that guy, he felt inexplicably irritated. Even though there was a layer of frost on the surface, there was a repressed aggressiveness inside. Especially when looking at Bai Yue.

Bai Yue heard the sound of plastic deforming. Looking down, he saw the squashed mineral water bottle.

He reached out, pulled the bottle out, and threw it into a nearby trash can.