Happier Part 2 (Rafe Cameron)

Start from the beginning

I grab two glasses and pour orange juice in one and milk in the other. I grab Rafe a water bottle and they all say thank you.

I sit next to Rafe at the table and we all just talk while they eat.

"Okay so Sarah what are we doing today?" I ask her.

"Well I was thinking maybe we could go do some shopping and then maybe grab lunch at this restaurant named the Wreck after. How does that sound?" she ask.

"That sounds great!" I say to her.

"The Wreck? Not that crappy pogue running restaurant. You guys should go to the country club and eat." Rafe says.

"Rafe the Wreck is good and i think Kie's working there today so Y/N can meet her." Sarah says.

"I'm sorry pogue? What's that?" I ask.

"So here in the OBX there's two tribes here on this island. One called the pogues and one called the kooks." Rafe says.

"Oh. So what am I?" I ask.

"You're definitely a kook. Just like any other person that lives on figure 8." Rafe says.

"So where to the pogues live?" I ask.

"They live on the cut. A bunch of low life's who make a living working for people like us." Rafe says.

"Rafe I don't think it's fair to call them low life's." Sarah says.

"So what I'm guessing is you don't like pogues very much." I say to Rafe.

"Not at all. Nobody does really I mean except for Sarah because she's friends with them." Rafe says.

"Who are these friends?" I ask her.

"Well there's Kie and she's the only one on the island who's half pogue and half kook. Her mom was a kook and her dad was a pogue but they live here on figure 8. Then there's John B, JJ, and Pope and they all live on the cut. John B actually works for my dad and John B and I are dating." she tells me.

"Well I would love to meet your friends." I say to her.

"Well you can tonight because there's this big bonfire party tonight that we have once a month in the summer so you can come. Pogues and Kooks are invited."

"Great!" I say.

"Just be careful Y/N when you're around these pogues. They're dangerous." Rafe says.

"Oh shut up Rafe they aren't dangerous!" Sarah says.

"Well I mean who doesn't like a little danger am I right? I mean Rafe I can tell you have probably been dangerous at some point in your life." I say to him.

"Well he used to-" Sarah starts to say but Rafe cuts her off.

"It's not important." Rafe says.

Just then my mom comes downstairs.

"Goodmorning mom!" I say.

"Goodmorning sweetie. Hey Sarah, Rafe, and Wheezie. How are y'all?" she ask.

"We are good. Y/N made us breakfast." Sarah says.