Right Person, Wrong Time (Rafe Cameron)

You and Rafe were in a relationship together for over 6 months but it ended on a sour note when he started using again. During the time of the 4 month mark on y'all's relationship he got ahold of some coke at a party and Kelce told him to use it. Rafe didn't say no even though he had been sober ever since you too started dating. After that night he couldn't stop he needed more. He craved for it. He wouldn't be happy if he didn't snort a few lines a throughout the day. You caught on very quickly that he used it again. Rafe acts rough, crazy, and angry when he's on it. He would start yelling at you for the dumbest things and it really confused you. How could the person you've known for what feels like eternity all of a sudden become angry towards you. You put up with Rafe's behavior for a little over 2 months and you finally had enough, so you ended things with him and you still wanted to keep in touch because you knew deep down under his coked out mystique that there was a sweet Rafe, the one that you knew once was there needed a person to be there for him. You still had so much love for Rafe and you didn't want anything bad happing to him. You knew he was the right person for you, you guys just needed some time apart.

The break lasted for about 5 months close to what would've been the one year that you guys originally got together. You missed Rafe. You wanted to kiss him, hug him, and tell him how much you love him in front of his face but you could only do that over the phone when you would call twice a week to check up on him and see how he was doing. Some calls better than others but Rafe knew that you cared about him. He tried to quit but he kept falling into the same hole. Finally after 5 months of him using again he's completely quit. He shut out Barry (his dealer) almost completely now. He's been sober for 3 weeks now and he's doing a lot better. Sarah even calls to tell you that he's being more nice and caring and not getting mad over the tiniest things.

Sarah called you earlier today to come to the house to see Rafe because even though it is weird for her best friend to be dating her brother she supports y'all's relationship so much. She knows Rafe was his best self when he was with you and Rafe knew it too, and you did as well. Everyone knew. So you got ready and are now driving to the Cameron's house to see Sarah and Rafe.

You pull into the driveway and park the car. You knock on the door and Sarah opens it.

"Y/N I'm so glad you're here. Ever since the breakup you haven't been over. I missed you!" Sarah says greeting you into a warm welcoming hug.

"I know and I've missed you too. How's Rafe? Is he still doing good?" you ask her in a whisper tone not wanting Rafe to hear you.

"He's doing great. Y/N you're going to be so proud of him. He cut off drugs and Barry completely and he's even volunteered to help with other teens dealing with the same issues." Sarah says.

"Oh my gosh that's amazing. I'm so proud of him." you say.

"Me too." Sarah says.

Just then Rafe comes downstairs and that's when he sees you. He is first shocked because he hasn't seen you in so long and then he walks over to give you a hug.

"Hey Y/N." Rafe says.

"Hey Rafe." you say with a smile.

"Well I have to run an errand so you too kids have fun." Sarah says in a motherly voice.

"Wait you're leaving? What happened to the "I miss you! It's been so long!" conversation we just had a minute ago?" you ask her.

"I know but I gotta go. We'll hang out I promise just after I get back." Sarah says.

"Okay have fun on your errand." you say.

"I will." she says closing the door behind her.

It's a solid minute without you and Rafe saying a word to each other.

"So...Rafe. I hear you're doing better." you say.

"Yeah I really am and look I'm so sorry about everything and the way that things ended I didn't want that to happen and it's my fault for me losing you. I'll never make that mistake again." Rafe says.

"Look the past is in the past and I forgive you. Just don't make that mistake again." you say.

"I won't. Are you hungry? The game is about to start." he ask me.

"No Im alright and what game?" you ask him.

"The football game. Right now the 49ers are playing the Packers." Rafe says.

"Oh okay well while you get a snack I will be over there on the couch. I will also turn on the game." you say.

You turn on the game and Rafe comes back with the sandwich he made. You guys sit and watch it until an ad comes on.

"You're so different. You're so light." you say.

"So...what I was like...brooding all the time before?" Rafe ask.

"Sometimes." you say with a smile.

"Yeah?" Rafe says.

"Yeah." you say.

"Really?" Rafe ask as you too laugh and he looks at you and smiles.

"I don't know it's just...really nice to see you smiling so much." you tell him.

"I mean...how could I not?" Rafe ask leaning in a bit closer than he was before.

"Knowing that I'm gonna be with you for the rest of my life." Rafe says.

Your heart skips a few beats as he says those words. You lean in a bit and now you guys are so close that now all you have to do is kiss.

"Y/N?" Rafe ask.

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"I missed you." he says.

"I missed you too." you say.

"And I love you." Rafe says.

"I...I love you too. I don't think I ever stopped." you say.

"Good because neither did I." Rafe says and he kisses your lips.

You kiss him back and now it's the right time with the right person.